Somebody help me.

Aaron1984

I'm curious to what the heigth from the brisket to the top of the shoulders is on elk, deer, and pronghorn. I'm guessing 44-48" on elk, 32-36" on deer and a little less then that on pronghorn. How close am I on those heighth? Let's here your input thank you.

Pretty sure you are overestimating them by about 12"

I think it would be closer to 30-36" for an elk and around 22-24" for deer

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

If they would just stay put when I go out to with a tape measure to measure them. I would have more of a correct number ?

I just measured antelope and mulie mounts here on my wall and I got 18" on the goat and 22" on the deer.

As stated above, average of 18 inches on antelope and 22-24 inches on mule deer bucks. Blacktail deer average about 20 inches. knowing these figures has helped me to use my Nikon 3X9 scope as a range finder beyond 300 yards on mule deer. At 300 yards most mule deer chests will fill the scope at 9 power from the center aim point to the lower vertical wire where the thin-thick wire joins together. If his chest is smaller then those two junctions, the deer is over 300 yards away using that particular scope.

RELH

Mule deer average 18", elk 24" antelope maybe 14". Years ago Redfield had a scope with stadia hairs in it, on their instructions these were the measurements, they used. Several of us had these scopes and over the years measured a lot of animals and these measurements are very close. Look at a deer from the side, you ever see a deer with 36" antlers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom