Someone lost a good one

RoughCountry

16315a35ff87c2ab04b25a1c62af50e0b18e0.jpeg

701c7d1ed39d836435e89d774dd941ea40c.jpeg

856919e0012f726f140dfbfe8d758b073a6a8.jpeg

Based on where he went down, it doesn't look too thick. Which could mean it was pretty quick and maybe he didn't go down too far from where he was hit. Dang, he is so visible! If that was from a hunter (had to be, right?), I truly hope he gave the search his all. I lost a whitetail once, where I hit him less than perfectly and tracked him for a while, kicked him up and my buddy put another arrow into him, but then no further blood trail to follow, and we gave up too soon after we "thought" we had searched as much as we could. Turns out, the buck had just circled back right to where I originally hit him and laid down almost under my treestand. I found him the next time I went out hunting a week or two later. Boy did I feel bad (and dumb) for searching all over but not circling fully around...

Dang I seen a pic like that a while back with its mouth open and thought to myself the animal wound not die like that with its mouth wide open screaming for help but I guess they do. Interesting, very interesting.

Can?t figure out pm from my phone. If that's in 16b would you mind messaging me?

Guy in camp spent the last 3 days of the season looking for a bull he shot. He?s local to that area so he may be interested in recovering the rack at least if that's still legal. I know the general area he shot it in if it was that unit and you want some confirmation.

Hate that for the animal and the hunter. I've lost a few whitetail over the years. It can absolutely ruin a season.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom