Son had a great season this year

S

sebhunter

My son had a great season this year in NM. Well 4 weeks before we head to NM to hunt he breaks his foot playing football and has to wear a boot/cast for his first two hunts. He started it off by killing his first barabry sheep which was a ewe, he made a perfect 181 yard shot. We didn't see the nice ram that was bedded between two boulders until after the shot. This was taken in an over the counter unit.
1571107141034b.jpg

Next up was his youth deer hunt we scouted for two days before the hunt started and on the second day of the hunt he decided to take this buck a big forky we had been seeing for a couple of days. He made a perfect 148 yard shot on his buck. This is his 4th mule deer buck.
6185sams_2014_nm_buck.jpg

His last NM hunt was a youth encouragement muzzleloader cow elk hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. We showed up to the unit on opening day around noon. Spent most of the day glassing and right as light was fading we started seeing the herds of cows coming out of the timber to feed. The next morning we were able to get between the herds feeding and bedding areas. He made another perfect shot at 95 yards on his cow. She went about 30 yards and crashed in front of us.
8952samuels_2014_nm_muzzy_cow_003.jpg

Some great hunts. He sure filled the freezer this year.
Hope his foot healed up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Fricken awesome!!! Hunting season has not been the same the last couple of years since my son joined the Marines. His hunts were always the best of the year. Looks like you guys are making the most of it.

Thanks for the comments guys. His foot is healed, he got the boot removed 3 days before his cow hunt.
(nmtaxi) thank your son for his service from us! I look forward to his hunts more than my own.
(muley505) It's an older Remington muzzleloader that I picked up used about a year ago and it shoots really good. I want to get the 209 conversion kit for it. It was our back up gun on this hunt he really wanted to use my TC Hawken but we were have problems with it so we switched to this rifle. He used 90 gr of pyrodex select with a 460 grain No Excuses lead slug.

Great stories and congrats to your son on harvesting some beautiful creatures.
Lots of eatin' there, but most importantly, lots of memories to last a lifetime.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom