Son's AZ bull

NMPaul

Appreciate the help we got from folks on the site. We were in elk everytime we went out.
Was a little disapointed with the number of roads and people in the unit, but, the number and quality of elk are there.

As it ended up we got this bull on a fluke. It had been raining for a day or so and the elk had just shut up.

It was late morning and we were driving a dirt road after exploring some of less crowded parts of the unit. I saw a set of fresh tracks on the side of the road and we decided to track them. Had not gone 1/4 mile and we heard a bugle way in the distance. We worked our way out there, and Zach killed this bull around 12:30.

998azbull4.jpg

5312azbullhornscutoffalittle.jpg

Ended up packing out in a downpour.
7388dscn1333.jpg

519dscn1326.jpg

Nice!! 2 this year!! It's a good year and a lot of meat. I hope I can connect in 21B for my rifle hunt on the 24th. IM me on how you put in for AZ if you can. Thanks!!!

Awesome as always! How did you like that Head's Up decoy? I almost got one of those for this year's hunt--in hindsight I wish I would have... ;-)

>Awesome as always! How did
>you like that Head's Up
>decoy? I almost got
>one of those for this
>year's hunt--in hindsight I wish
>I would have... ;-)
>

Mozey, we are sold on them. Several instances where it made a difference. Once a bull came in from 90 to 40 yards while looking right at Zach behind the decoy.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-15 AT 04:22PM (MST)[p]>Awesome as always! How did
>you like that Head's Up
>decoy? I almost got
>one of those for this
>year's hunt--in hindsight I wish
>I would have... ;-)
>

I think that may actually be a Stalker Decoy :). The Stalker Decoys have the shoot through windows. I have a couple of buddies who have ordered them from Ultimate Predator Gear and love em. I wish I would have had one this season too.....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom