Son's CA Wild Hog

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Took my son wild hog hunting with his bow and arrow this past weekend here in the Golden State. He ended up arrowing his first hog ever at 30 yards. He made a pretty good shot, as one arrow is all it took. He was pretty excited after trailing the hog up!

cody_s_pig_march_09_020.jpg

cody_s_pig_march_09_022.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Roy,

Congrats to your son on his first hog and with a bow, good job.
What is next for your son hopefully more good hunts and success too.
Thanks for posting the pictures, great pictures.

Brian

IMO, hunting big wild boar with archery equipment can be/is as dangerous as it gets in North America. Under perfect situations with backup, it can be one heck of a rush, people do it all the time, but it can go so wrong very quickly. I have some experience with this and do not recommend anybody to go out by himself and try this. Very easy way to get hurt bad or worse.

Heck of a trophy your son has there. Glad it all worked out for him. Sorry though, just looking at that pic scares me and i never scare easily. There are big boars out there that are fast, tough, and plain nasty. They will hunt you down, get you down, and eat of you if they can :) Archery equipment offers little protection in a charge.

the other Joey

Thats a great picture! congrats to your boy on his first hog! bow hunt'n those things always brings the excitement level up a little.

Roy, your son has already accomplished what most men wont do in there lifetimes. Congrats to your son.

Het thanks guys glad you liked the photos.......probably not as much as I like the sausage we had made.......darn fine breakfast grub!

Sage:

Cowboy up man.....those wild swine are MADE for bowhunters. :) I've arrowed probably over 50 over the years and never had a problem......of course, I don't push the envelope with them either. One must respect the boars!

BOHNTR )))---------->

BOHNTR, OK OK... :) what a sissy i'm getting to be, huh? :)

One of my best friends broke the stock of his Ruger 44mag carbine over a boars head in attempt to keep it off him. There's more, plenty more. My Best Man when i got married many moons ago, a professional pig man, probably has killed more wild pigs than anyone alive, over 10,000 in 10 years alone, and though he hunts with a bow...he don't hunt pigs with a bow. That tells me something right there and he has told me stuff that would curl the hairs on your neck.

I agree that in most cases you sneak in, shoot the pig, it runs off, you get breakfeast sausage. Not all the time though. That's what prompted my responce.

BTW, Awesome photo's!! New camera?

the other Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom