Sons first hunt

Scuba357

My 14yo son finally drew a NV tag for 131-134 we put in some days scouting and then a couple days hunting with no luck. On our 3rd trip out I left work Friday afternoon and made the 5 hour drive to try and get to camp before dark. As luck would have it we were 1 mile from camp when a side by side came over the hill. This was the first person we had seen in the area in all of our days in the field. I was bummed. They stopped and we chatted for a minute. The guy finally said, well if your deer hunting we just saw 4-5 little bucks about a mile from here down the road. We said thank you and headed to camp. As we made the last hill before camp we saw the little bucks. Then this guy stood up behind from the bush he was laying. Clearly he had been missed. I had my son get out and aim his TC muzzy and one shot at 20 yards was all it took. Happy kid on his first buck.
9C1E50D0-6150-46B3-9C67-88E64BD26BA0.jpeg
E5C9F739-1B84-4B3A-8012-B3C70C99973B.jpeg
526EA310-9B4F-4B16-ACFA-62EC8F55835D.jpeg

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm taking my daughter on her first hunt next week. Hoping for a similar result.

That's awesome!
I'm sure you now have a hunting buddy for the rest of your life. That's how I got my son started. He just turned 37 yesterday but we still hunt together every chance we get.
Congratulations to your son, and to you for getting him out.

It just doesn't get any better than that!!!

Congratulations to the young gun and the proud dad!!!!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom