Son's Late Season Bull

SDBugler

Very Active Member
Here is a pic of my son’s late season bull. He was fortunate and drew the one available NR tag in the regular draw with max points.

We didn’t get the snow and cold that we had hoped for, and the bulls weren’t moving much but we still hit it hard and covered a lot of ground from before light until after dark. We averaged seeing 4 bulls per day and this was by far the largest bull we located. We knew this would be his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get to hunt elk during the migration, and although we didn’t get to experience the typical migration, we still had a great time in some beautiful country. We also had an encounter with a big grizz one night at 6 paces that ended peacefully (lol) and that certainly added to the memories.

I specifically want to thank Michael (goes by “nfh” on this site). Many people told us that we were crazy to even consider applying as NR’s (couldn’t hunt the wilderness) and without horses. However, Michael confirmed that it could be done with some considerable boot leather, and he even provided some very valuable advice on what to expect and areas to consider. Thanks Michael!!!

Braden's 2023 WY Bull.jpg

Great looking bull!

And encouraging story of hunters aiding other hunters on MM!
Thanks. Yes it is good to see people on Wyoming forum like nfh and mightyhunter that are still willing to help others out. Just like the old days of MM!!

Thanks to everyone that offered congratulatory and positive comments. Our family had a great year of chasing elk even though I didn't fill my AZ archery tag. I had more fun helping and being a part of my sons' elk hunts and success.

Great memories and a bull to remember as well. Father-son stuff; it doesn't get any better than that. Big congrats.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom