son's NM lion (need help)

zia

I also posted this on predatormasters.com because I need help. My son shot this lion with the same .204 that later in the day I used to miss a bobcat (4 times) and a coyote. So far all I can come up with is the standard (lame) "you must have knocked the scope out of adjustment" excuse. Any more original excuses you guys can think of, he is getting hard to live with.

P1010173.jpg

What about length of the shot. If the cat was in a tree, it would have been just feet, whereas your bobcat and coyote were probably quite a few hundred yards? maybe?

I appreciate the thought, just between us the bobcat was about 80 yards on shooting sticks and the coyote about 60 yards. Other than I suck I am thinking about blaming global warming perhaps greenhouse gases or the Obama administration.

You're lucky that gun was as far off as it was or you'd have missed too.....son.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
jb.jpg

I'm with D13r on this one. If he's getting cocky knock him down a notch or two and inform him that he flinched lucky and pulled off target in the right direction to hit it! NEVER let 'em show you up. They'll never let you live it down!

you could always just tell him that if he doesn't knock it off with the trash talking that'll be the only KITTY he will be holding for the next ten years.

>Nice cat!! .204? Seems small
>for the job at hand.
>How'd that cat react to
>the hit? Congrat's are due!!!
>
>
>Joey

A buddy of mine from Bozeman poleaxed a huge tom last year with a well placed shot from a .22 mag.
Cats are thin skinned and light boned.
A .204 is fine if you are patient.
HH

Zia,
What breed is the dog on the left? Very nice lookin dog.

Width isnt everything, its the ONLY thing.

Zia ans Hunter harry responded to my concern;
"Joey, the .204 did great, he jumped out of the tree, went 10 yards and fell dead."

Thanks guys for the info. I guess i'm thinking on the safe side here. If i shot one, i'd want to know he wouldn't have the ability or body function to take his revenge. Hunting them with dogs and the cat is tree'd, i can see where you'd be close and and could get a very well placed shot.

That's one big cat! Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom