South Dakota NR Draw Odds?

Howellandson

I’ve been messing with the State website for this the last couple days and it keeps giving me an error message. I use Go Hunt for everything, but they don’t have South Dakota info.

Anybody know where I can find Non-Resident draw odds for South Dakota?

My son and I have 3 points for each of the following, wondering if we should apply this year-

Black hills deer, refugee deer, west river deer, west river special buck and prairie antelope.

Any help, much appreciated!! Thanks

Jim.

I was under the impression that with 3 points I would draw also. NOT the case. I and lots of people started 5 years ago, at that time with 3 points you could draw just about anything. Now, it may be years till I draw.

all applicants with 2 or more preference points are in the same pool. Take Black hills deer non resident. 316 people applied for 16 tags in the 2 or more points pool. 400 more people applied in the 1 point pool that will move in to the 2 or more points pool next year. So likely 700 people for the 16 tags. Long odds for a so/so hunt.

Draw odds are here.

I was under the impression that with 3 points I would draw also. NOT the case. I and lots of people started 5 years ago, at that time with 3 points you could draw just about anything. Now, it may be years till I draw.

all applicants with 2 or more preference points are in the same pool. Take Black hills deer non resident. 316 people applied for 16 tags in the 2 or more points pool. 400 more people applied in the 1 point pool that will move in to the 2 or more points pool next year. So likely 700 people for the 16 tags. Long odds for a so/so hunt.

Draw odds are here.

This thread actually made me come to this realization. I was doing some draw odds for my dad and with 2+ point increasing exponentially every year. Even with cubed points definitely nothing is guaranteed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom