South Slope Experts

BaldBeaver

So from those that have hunted the South Slope, where would you point a guy for his first elk hunt. Not looking for anything big, just a chance at an oppurtunity and the experience. From the sounds of it, there will be easier access due to weather on the south vs the north slopes.

~BaldBeaver

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 08:21AM (MST)[p]I will send you a pm

There will be tons of people, but if your able and willing to walk.you can find elk. All you have to do is walk about 2 miles from the road, I rarely see people when I get out that far. Most just walk to the edge of a hill and look, you need to look over the far hill. Also you will want to learn how to hunt the dark timber.
Good luck

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

If you ask me kawboy pretty much summed it up, get off the roads more than the average hunter and hunt the timber.

Don't plan on just doing morning and evening hunts, stay out all day and hunt hard. Open units are challenging to say the least! Don't underestimate their size they are huge animals!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I will be hunting from sun up to sundown. Hunting is my number 1 passion in life. Am aware of how big they are as well. I have 2 fellow military guys coming with me as well. One is a very experienced hunter like me, the other is fairly new and very eager to learn, so we should have a great hunt. Thinking of heading up into the area north of mountain home, into that drainage SE of Kings Peak.
~BaldBeaver

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom