southeast idaho muzzleloader

B

bigtom

who is getting ready for the south east idaho muzzleloader season? i just got back from a scouting trip with my brotherinlaw while he hunted durring the general deer season .
it seems as usual they got all the big ones last year and this year the hunting is very poor . i never saw one buck taken the whole time we were there wich was very odd considering all the resident and non-resident hunters . but who knows maybe by november the rut will be on and the deer will be concentrated down low .hope everyone has a good hunt!!! Tom

Plan on hunting the last week of season, which is one week later this year. Where did your brother-inlaw hunt, east or west of Montpelier? Have hunted these units with muzzle-loader since 1989. Deer numbers never recovered well from 93. Pray for snow or it can be extremely tough. Hunted "new areas" last year and for being hunted with muzzle-loader for the first time was just average. More deer, few older age class. Probably go back to 75 this year.

cabuck my brotherinlaw hunted midnight mountain and south down to about st charles so it would be the west side of bear lake.there was snow opening morning about 6-12" and by the next day it was so noisy walking through it you couldnt get close to anything . he could have taken a few small bucks but we decided to pass and let them get bigger for next year .i dont understand the winter kill because all the deer looked really good and most does had two fawns .all i know is there are not many deer around
but then again the big one im looking for there are not many of them around. so if your trophy hunting it will be about the same , you just wont see alot of small bucks and does .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom