Southern California Sheds?

SWINGBOW

Any one know when these little deer around here (Pacific Hybrid)loose their horns? I'd appreciate any comments not too much written about these deer but they sure are pretty and a blast to chase around with a bow. Thanks

Not sure of your location,but the first step would be to check the wintering grounds.

beavis.gif

Thanks Bucksnort,I'm about 40 miles north of San Deigo and about 20 miles from the ocean I don't think there is wintering grounds around here (do we even have a winter?) Would you happen to know when these deer drop their horns?

I grew up hunting deer in hills around Hemet CA. I don't think there is much of a migration for these deer. We used to find sheds right where we were hunting in Sept and Oct. We used to hunt a spot that was high in elevation also. We would drive up there in 2 feet of snow to look at bucks in Dec and January. They never seemed to leave. I think you would have more fun chasing turkeys in your area. I hear that they are starting to get good populations of birds in northern San Diego county. If you could find a 3 point shed with an 8in main beam, it would be a big one for that area! lol!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom