Southern Comfort Tonight, Not the Booze either!!

Blank

Long Time Member
While I was standing in the kitchen today, processing a bunch of my deer, I had time to watch the oven, so I whipped up some pork belly burnt ends. Added in breaded green beans, Idaho baked potatoes, and cast iron cornbread. Sure hit the spot. Used the Best Foods Jalapeño Ranch sauce on the green beans too!! I think I have a belly ache. :)

891F582B-B8AC-43E8-9465-17478A7C2EAA.jpeg

5700A40C-530C-4DFE-9015-360FE5FE7FFF.jpeg

A06E32EB-E44F-4B37-A4ED-17581753CA3E.jpeg

61D7C232-C8E9-4AC6-BDD9-4917667C3183.jpeg

0789BAAB-666B-4560-B643-BAE22C1FF8FC.jpeg

The girls and I are trying to eat more veggies, and a few less French fries, and this is crunchy good. This is either baked in the oven or air fryer and pretty good for you. A pound of green beans, washed and trimmed, then dried good. Light flour coating, a little egg wash and bread crumbs. Takes about 20-25 minutes in the oven @ 400-425, on the rack I used for the burnt ends since it was messy already. Try to spread them out to cook all around. You could do on parchment paper, or the air fryer trays too. I just found a recipe on the Internet one day

Only secrets? The girls at Albertson's gave me a quart of their seasoned wheat flour they do the fried chicken in. I use a little of that, instead of AP flour. The thin coating is because I use a thinned down egg mixture with a little milk, and I like a little mix of plain bread crumbs, salt/pepper/red pepper flakes, Panko crumb (bigger, more crunch), and a tiny bit of the corn meal since I did cornbread too. Coat the beans in the egg wash with fork or tongs, to keep your fingers halfway clean, and not get so much extra in the crumbs.

The girls and I are trying to eat more veggies, and a few less French fries, and this is crunchy good. This is either baked in the oven or air fryer and pretty good for you. A pound of green beans, washed and trimmed, then dried good. Light flour coating, a little egg wash and bread crumbs. Takes about 20-25 minutes in the oven @ 400-425, on the rack I used for the burnt ends since it was messy already. Try to spread them out to cook all around. You could do on parchment paper, or the air fryer trays too. I just found a recipe on the Internet one day

Only secrets? The girls at Albertson's gave me a quart of their seasoned wheat flour they do the fried chicken in. I use a little of that, instead of AP flour. The thin coating is because I use a thinned down egg mixture with a little milk, and I like a little mix of plain bread crumbs, salt/pepper/red pepper flakes, Panko crumb (bigger, more crunch), and a tiny bit of the corn meal since I did cornbread too. Coat the beans in the egg wash with fork or tongs, to keep your fingers halfway clean, and not get so much extra in the crumbs.
thanks I will try it this weekend

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom