Southern NV Coyote Hunting

Rookie90

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-13 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]Hey guys, so my excitement for the 2013 big game season has just been building up like crazy and i need to do something to keep me busy so my buddies and i have decided to invest in some good quality coyote hunting gear we got all the goodies we could possibly need all we need now is some advice on how to hunt these suckers and where we might be able to go that is close to home (Las Vegas, NV). Any info on places to go, things to try, or gear to use would be great!! Thanks again for your guy's help!!

ALSO - If there are some good areas you could tell us about up north we would definitely be up for that!!

It will be tough hunting around S Nevada. To many hunters have educated the dogs. If you do hunt down here you will need to change up a lot.
NRA
USW #5282

the last 2 times my brother and I have went out we have got 11 dogs total, 6 1st trip 5 last time and weren't even calling dogs we were looking for cats. there not that educated and there seems to be more this year than any year I can remember. Very few cats tho. horrible trade off.

Coyotes around here are plumb smart this time of year. I've taken 5 shots the last month, all over 300 yeards, running. The truck slows, they haul a$$.

Desertbone hunter, this what you're looking for?

3176dsc00096.jpg

9861dsc00094.jpg

He jumped up into the juniper tree in the pic. I walked out there to the left where he went in. Nothing. I walked around and looked into the closest tree, nothing. I looked to my right and there he was. Took a couple of photos, got nervous and went back to the truck. The photo of the trees is from the truck when I drove back out there. He allowed me to drive under the tree and take about 20 more photos. Here's another one:

4364dsc00106.jpg

That's incredible. I'd be a bit nervous too, but surely wouldn't pass up the opportunity for a few photos. Nice work!

>no, looking for bobcats. not lions...
>
11 dogs? If you were south of Hiko I would have to call you on that....

NRA
USW #5282

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-14 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-14 AT 07:42?PM (MST)

3205coyotes2.jpg

well if you have to call me on it, here is the 1st trip. we actually killed 7 but could not find the 7th and did not spend a lot of time looking either, as we were once again looking for BOBKITTIES. I actually didn't take a pic of the second trip as I did not think I would have to later prove myself.

Hahaha. This is funny. How dare you claim such ridiculous coyote numbers desertbonehunter! The contest out of sportsman's in vegas had 7 as the winning number I think.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom