Southwest Des Milford Doe antelope

ARROWHNTR

Hey guys my wife and I drew these tags for the hunt that starts August 1st. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the area, and can give me any info on it.

Thanks in advance!

I didn't think anterless results came out til the 10th of July. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't heard anything from my cow elk tag.

Regardless that should be an easy hunt. Antelope everywhere out there.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-12 AT 00:55AM (MST)[p]>I didn't think anterless results came
>out til the 10th of
>July. Maybe I'm wrong,
>but I haven't heard anything
>from my cow elk tag.
>
>
>Regardless that should be an easy
>hunt. Antelope everywhere out
>there.

Actually, it is not an easy hunt! It's true that there are a lot of antelope there, but they are wild as can be once the shooting starts. Just make sure you can make a long range shot, 300 to 400 yards. You may get lucky with a closer shot, but prepare for the long one! And don't forget the new trespass law requires written permission to hunt private land whether it's posted or not. That goes for the land you're shooting from and the land the antelope is on or goes on.

And it's true that the official results don't come out until July 10th, but credit card hits are now showing up on bank accounts.

i dont think you will have trouble finding antelope. BUt you do need to practice with the rifle long range. you will prob be shooting 250+ yards.

they can get spooky to vehicles etc. there eye sight is amazing they say similar to 8x binoculars, so stalking them is very difficult! find a water hole they use and sit on it and you could get a closer shot.

not familar with that exact part of the unit, but just glass, they are pretty easy to spot, if you are in between the sun and them, they look like shiny white spotlights and can be seen from over a mile prettty easily..

i recommend making jerky and sausage outta them. thats pretty good eating when seasoned good and made that way

Aw, didn't think about credit cards being hit. I wanted to put my wife in for this hunt but ended up not doing so.

You will more than likely need to be able to make a longer shot as mentioned. I grew up in Milford and unless things have changed I don't think you will have problems filling the tag if you're able to shoot.

Thanks for the info guys, my wife is a very good shot, no problem out to 400 so as long as I can find her one she will be good.

We found out because our CC got hit and this was the only tag I put her in for because she is expecting in November :) i figured an early doe antelope hunt would be a good way to get her a hunt in this fall.

Good luck, antelope are fun. I recommend backstraps not past medium rare.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom