Southwest Sportsmen's Alliance

A

AZWALKER

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-12 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]About 3 years ago a group of desert hunters got together and decided to try and do something about the declining mule deer numbers in the central deserts. The idea was to form an new org that would cover areas that were not receiving the attention it deserved. With the lack of interest being what it was the idea was abandoned.

Fast forward to about a month ago.

The same group of guys plus some more motivated individuals had a meeting with representatives from game and fish, Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club and AES to discuss the amlarming decline in mule deer numbers in the northern part of region 4. The meeting was very fruitful and educational. A decision was then made to start the process of creating a new organization. The desire was there to create an org that would truly represent the average hunter. Southwest Sportsmens Alliance was born.

We are now in the process of obtaining our 501c3 status. We are currently planning water catchment projects, predator control plans, youth camps and building a great working relationship with Game and Fish. We are currently in a position that we don't want to move forward without full participation from the sportsmen this group will represent. We want to hear from you. There is a poll you can participate in that I will post a link to. If you have ANY questions please feel free to ask. This started out as an org that would concentrate on desert mule deer and desert bighorn sheep but we are rapidly realizing that there are individuals all over the state that want to be involved. Please take the time and check out the poll and ask any questions you would like. Here is the link.

http://www.thearizonahunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=7176

Thanks
Donnie Lee

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Sorry about that. It works now.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Just wondering if maddglasser is on board? I haven't heard from him in awhile.

quest

Maddglasser is a busy guy these days and hasn't been around because of that. He is indirectly involved because of his schedule. That might change and I sure hope it does. Mesquitehunter on the other hand is very involved and I'm thrilled that he is. Those two guys are as good a two guys you'll ever meet. Not a whole lot of hunters out there except for maybe Creed that know that desert as well as they do.

Hey that's good. I'm glad there doing OK! Southwest Sportsmen's Alliance I like that name.

quest

We have an exceptional group of people getting involved. I'm very excited about these guys from here and another site jumping on board with us. Quality people!

PM sent.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

PM sent Gator.

Thank you!

AZWALKER keep us informed on your progress. I would like to know more about what you plan on doing and if you get started are you going to to expand to southern Utah or Nevada? There's so much anger going toward SFW and others it would be nice to start fresh with something new.

quest

Quest,

Thanks for your encouragement. There is a group in Utah that is already doing what we are trying to do. Its the United Wildlife Cooperative. Do some research on this group. I have had contact with a great guy with that is on their board. I think they've been up and running for about a year and they are dead set against what SFW is doing and has done up there. Check out theri website, you'll like what you see.

As far as Southwest Sportsmans Alliance goes, we are just getting going. We are receiving more support than we had ever dreamed of. It was kind of a perfect storm for us in that so many hunters are feeling let down by some orgs. Far be it for me to judge anyone another org, except for anything with SFW in it. Thanks again for your encouragement!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom