Spartan shotguns by remington

brushstomper

Just curious if anyone out there has seen or purchased any o/u or sxs spartan shotguns. I saw an o/u yesterday it felt pretty decent and pointed good but it was pretty stiff to break open. I was wondering if this changes once it is broken in. I am contemplating on getting a sxs or an o/u in the near future and when I saw the price on these I was pretty surprised. I don't expect to get 1,500 gun but for busting some quail and pheasants these guns don't look to shaby. Any suggestions on any other decently priced o/u or sxs is welcomed.
Thanks brushstomper

Although I don't have any experience with the guns, there was an article in Outdoor Life a few months back where they were doing gun tests. If I remember right, this is about what they said about them. Htey said they kinda feel like a boat paddle in the hands, that the trigger pull was heavy, and that the actions were pretty tight. BUT, they also said that they were suprised how good they shot with it despite the drawbacks. I think they even gave it their buyers choice award, because of its low (realatively) price and its shootability. So I don't think that it would be a bad buy for the $$. As a side note, I would imagine that with use the action would loosen up a bit.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Ive heard good things about them. Ive read forums were guys use these guns all the time. The triggers and actions are supposed to smooth out pretty well after use.

Thanks for the input guys. I have heard good things about the Stoeger line also. Hopefully I will get to see both soon.
Brushstomper

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom