Speed Goat Taxi

N

NeverStopHuntin

I'm wondering what MM's opinions are on great antelope taxidermists.

First let me say i am a HUGE fan of Paul Pennie. He does amazing work on deer and elk and i wouldn't have anyone else do my buck/bull mounts. I haven't however seen any antelope mounts done by him.

If anyone has any suggestions or even better a few pictures, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ryan

Here is a Paul Pennie's work of art.
AntelopeMounts-6.jpg

Scroll down to check out others posts.

Brian

Those ears are placed too low, and are lacking earbutts. Antelope can basically see behind them, the way those ears are placed on those mounts, would block their rearward vision.

Reference, reference, reference...

ant2-1.jpg

i like Dirk Bawden of Big Stuff in erda utah. he does increadible antelope imo! he is a little far out but well worth the wait for the quality he turns out! i believe he has won quite a few awards throughout the west with his antelope! i have a 2004 utah archery goat he did and hopefully will have him doing a wyoming archery one as well.

Trails West Rawlins WY, They do more pronghorns than anybody. Good turn around time cheap shipping.

4a163b7760eb5408.jpg

4a163baa623121be.jpg

My husband will probably kill me for posting this, but here is one that just left the shop last week. Sorry Honey!
4a16cd0f0255b2d4.jpg

Anyone else willing to post some goat pictures. The hunt is getting close! Hopefully two weeks from now my buck will be in the shop, might be wishful thinking, only time will tell.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-09 AT 10:36AM (MST)[p]Here are a couple.

This goat had a 3rd horn growing off its nose. It is just a standard shoulder mount.
Jan2005Taxi049a.jpg

This is a stud goat, but the photo doesn't show it the best. It is mounted on a wall pedestal.
EricAnt09001.jpg

I am putting together a double pedestal mount later this week that should look good. I tend to think a well done pronghorn is a classy mount. Best of luck on your hunt.

Edit-- Just wanted to add that antelope tend to slip easily, especially in this hot weather. Whomever you take it to, get it there fast and take care of it.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Packout , I harvested one in Wyoming last year that also had a third horn growing off the bridge of his nose . I will try to get a picture of it .

I am new to taxidermy less than a year but here is my first goat. I think it turned out pretty good.

4a7b5bd862265d42.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom