Spike hunt Troubles

ThunderImpulse4

Well let me start out by saying this has to be the weirdest year for elk hunting, seems like none of my buddies are seeing any elk and they are the people who tag out usually within the first 3 days of the hunt.

I dont have a tag but my sisters Boyfriend/ New father to her newbord son does and to say the least we have been putting miles and miles on the boot leather and saddles. He has been at it everyday with a one or 2 days of coming down for horse and food needs.

Monday Oct 10 right after we got back from out morning/mid day hunt He (Courtney) took one of his horses for a quick ride and this is a horse he has literally known his whole life him being 23 and the horse was 24. WEll long story short she ended up having a heart attack and collapsing and dying 1/4 mile from camp on the dirt road near out camp.

Everything from his family horse dying to truck issues and we still hitting it hard every day we have yet to see even a cow.

I guess i am Just asking or trying to see if anyone could help so he can give it hell on the last day (tomorrow Thursday)

any help is appreceiated!!!!!! could possibly pay for the help

p.s. we have been hunting logan canyon

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

Thunder

Sorry to hear about your troubles. We had a similar story with regards to the elk this year. Put a lot of miles on the boots and ended up seeing 7 cows, but that's it. Didn't make it back out afterwards. Good luck man.

What unit you hunting? We have seen a ton of elk. During the archery hunt we seen over 100 head in a day and a half including three spikes. We came back on the opener of the spike hunt after the spikes and there were elk everywhere. We killed two spikes together opening day. Just stick with it!

shoulda just tagged the horse.....and called it quits

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom