spitfire

I have shot the 100 grain spitfires for 10 years now and love them. You'll get alot of crap about mechanicals on this site but I have never lost an animal with them. I'll explain my experience with them and then you can choose. I have killed 3 elk with them, all complete pass throughs, with 3 cut marks on the entry wound. I've shot 6 pigs with them, no complete pass throughs but the broadhead was sticking out the other side on 4 of the 6, all had 3 cuts on entry. Two whitetail, one I spined from the treestand and completely severed the spinal column, the other was a complete pass through. One mule deer, complete pass through.

Guys here say you don't get the penetration that you need for most animals. What more penetration do you need beyond what I just described. I shoot 62 lbs out of my bow.

One more thing. I shot 3 pigs in Texas with the same broadhead without changing the blades because I forgot my archery kit. Killed all 3.

I started shooting them a couple years ago and my dad has been shooting them for years. They are the strongest mechanicals I have seen.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
funny_new_46.gif

I've shot at least 20 whiteys with them and I am happy with the results. Great blood trails and nice entry and exit holes. No elk yet. :(

I've shot a few animals with them, nothing big just pronghorns. They've worked great. My hunting partner uses them on elk and has killed three or four bulls with them. Each has been a one shot kill, and most were pass throughs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom