Sportsmans Expo, Denver......

B

BruinBreath

Anyone headed to the show this week and weekend up in Denver ? Is it worth driving all the way from Colorado Springs ? I've never been to it before. How much hunting related stuff is there ? Spank you in advance. :)

Bruin,

WTF, is up? Havn't talked in a while... Fortunately, or unfortunately. I havn't figured it out yet. I'll be birding out in KS. No show fore me. Oh well.

I went for the first time last year, and am going again on Friday. There's all kinds of outfitter booths and lots of equipment, plus a few decent speeches. Lots of BS and testosterone, but a good day with the guys. It's fun if you have the time and don't mind a crowd.

The show pretty much blows compared to what it was in years past. Not enough big game stuff anymore, 3/4 fishing. Depends what you like I guess. I'm still going.

Gotta agree with DK. The shows have really gone down as far as I'm concerned. You see it once, and it's usually the same stuff over and over. If you've never been, I'd make it a point of going. Sure beats the hell out of watching American Idol or any of the Real Tree / Jackie Bushman "hunts" on the Outdoor Channel.
I'll probably go anyways, just to get the hell out of the house.

I agree with Deerking. It used to be very good but now its just ok. They don't have much in the way of firearms and optics. If your a fisherman or want to book a hunt you'll have a ball.. if not it will be just ok. At least Eastmans Big deer tour will be there so that will be good. I'm going tommorow afternoon, I think it starts tonight.

OSOK, long time no talk. I haven't been up to much.... just watching you stir up the poo with the RealTards and everyone else, haha. Boman, long time no see, where have you been ? Looks like I will be heading up for the show, never been, might as well check it out.

Hello Bruinbreath,

It has been a longtime that's for sure. Man I've just been so busy with work and other stuff I just don't get to get online too much during the day anymore. Plus my work added some software that blocks most of the pictures that are posted so I usually wait to get on so I can see the pics. Anyways I hope things are going real well for you. Hopefully you'll like the show, like I said its just ok. But since it's all we got its better than nothing. Take care man

I went thursday night. I think it is worth it alone to see the Eastmans Deer collection. Very nice! Plus there are other various heads looking at. Did anybody go see the elk display at the Adams Mark hotel called the "North American Elk tour"?..."Touring the largest bull elk in North America...including 1 bull scoring over 514 B&C..." If I wasnt in AZ right now I would be there.
Jeff

I just got back from it and it BLOW's. The first one I went to was in 2002 and that was a great show. Like everyone else has saids it about 75% fishing, 10% bird doggin, with the rest being hunting. Also I should have went Friday because it was packed. I got tired of it all and went home. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. Jovan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom