Sportsmans Rocks

AspenAdventures

Very Active Member
I have a big head....no really my head is 7-7/8" around.

I work outside sometimes. Wanted a straw hat. Went to Cabelas for leather gloves, a local hunting movie, and my straw hat. Leather gloves were made of thick crappy leather. Local hunting movies don't exist. Straw hats were all too small.

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse. Leather Gloves in 4 different style to choose from. Hats fit perfect and again had 5 or 6 different styles to choose from. Local deer hunting videos galore (bought Never Enough 2). Decided to also buy a Sportsmans Warehouse ball cap as they happened to have one that fir my giant noggin perfectly.

Guess the national chain has become exactly that. Held back by the national ball and chain.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I agree, Cabelas is just a tourist attraction, IMO. SW is routinely cheaper by about 10%.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

I love SW myself and Cabelas also but when it comes to seriously shopping for hunting stuff I choose SW. fatrooster.

Yeah..I gotta agree too. My wife buys all my Christmas presents out of Cabela's because it's easy. But when I went to Idaho last year I stopped at Cabela's for three things (can't remember what they were now) but they did not have any of them. A cool store for sure but a little disappointing. Went to SW in the same city (Boise) and found everything I wanted.

Mike Henne

SW tends to cater more to the western hunter and thats where i get most of my stuff. However, on the big ticket items I like Cabelas, because I can try it out and if I don't like it I can return it no questions asked.

Mike

Cabin, I agree about the return policy. I also like to buy Cabelas tents. They have fantastic tents.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom