Spotter-dilema-Cabelas- No Vortex

HornyMan

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-08 AT 06:09PM (MST)[p]I'm in the market for a new spotter. I've been talking to some locals on here ( cowslayer ) who has been very helpful. I was in the market for a new Vortex but due to a recent cabelas gift card I need to use that for my spotter purchase.

Im in the market for a $400 ish spotter.

Which Spotter that Cabelas carries would you buy and why?

I've searched and researched and have done it twice so I have some ideas but always respect guys who acutally use them hard and in the field. Please help out.

I will be upgrading to Euro (we'll see how the new Leicas are) glass next year but need somthing now! So I would like this scope to be a back up or a truck buddy in the future.

I had the Big Sky Spotter (80mm) they sell for 5 years. I liked it for range use and varmint hunting, I am glad I never had to pack it very far though. It was a decent spotter and had a good picture. I finally sold it and upgraded to the Zeiss with 65mm objective. It has a clearer picture and is a lot lighter.

I'd buy the best Leupold or Nikon you can get for the $400. Both are quality products.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom