Spotter suggestion

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Looking for a new spotter. Weight/size is a consideration. I'm looking in the $400 - $800 range. So far I'm considering the Nikon Prostaff 5 16-48x60, Leupold compact golden ring, or the Vortex Viper. But I'm open to suggestions...

I had a larger prostaff. I wasn't that impressed.

I would look hard at the Vortex and see if your eyes like it. Hard to find a better warranty.

I looked at the prostaff as well and could not get along with the eye relief.
I looked at a Vortex Viper HD 20-60X80 and liked it but it was heavy. I was looking for something to backpack with so it was just to heavy but it was nice.
I liked the leupold Kenai HD it is a little out of your price range but you might can find it on sale.
I found both of them at my local cabelas bargain cave in your price range. But you have to be careful with that.

+1 on the Leupold Kenai

I have had the Kenai for not quite 2 years now and I love it. Its a sweet scope! The wide angle 30x power eyepiece is awesome for glassing and has a nice big fov and is crystal clear. I have put it up against my Dad's Swaro 80mm hd spotting scope and for the money I would choose the Kenai everyday. I use it to digiscope and spend lots of time behind it and it has never once let me down, and I have never felt like I needed something better. My only complaint is that the focus is a little stiff, but to me that's not a big deal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom