Spotting Scope Questions???

U

utaz

OK I'm looking to buy a spotting scope and I need a good prrofessional opinion regarding the following three questions:

1) Angeled vs. Straigth? which is really most comfortable/pratical in viewing.

2) Give me the best for up to $1,500?

3) I want to use it to take pictures as well...is there a certain one that adapts well to cameras?

Thank you,

Utaz

1-Angled, I just changed over from straigh and angled all the way for me.

2-Swarovski ATS 65, you can get them for under 1500 bucks.

3?

Once you use an angled spotting scope you will never go back to a straight. Make sure your angled scope has the ability to rotate the eyepiece in 90 degree increments...

Better to buy a used Leica, Zeiss or Swaro than a lesser quality spotting scope.

Buy once, cry once!

NJS

1- Angeled, allows you to look up and down hillside easier...

2- I am digging the new Vortex Razor HD, plus I like the 80 mm objective more... Just go somewhere and look through them and find what one you like the most

3- Not sure?
----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

get ya a leupold. compact and easy to handle. also comes with all the goodies tripod ,camera adaptor etc. anyway thats the way i see it.

i have the angled 80 mm swarovski and love the angle. i looked thru the straight and it is just not comfortable on the neck. you can get the non HD 65 swaro for about 1500. Swarovski is the best IMO.

It depends on which works best for you, I prefer the Leica spotting scopes. I like APO angled models - 65mm if you are packing in or the 82mm if you're using it from the truck. A good steady tripod is also important! NJS

#1. Angled. More comfortable and as stated is easier to look up hill and down hill. This allows you to use a smaller tripod saving weight if you are a hiker.

#2. Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss. You cannot go wrong with any of these choices.

#3. Swarovski offers a great digiscoping adapter for thier scopes. You can also get an after market adapter from the TU website for $60.00 and they are made for all of the popular model scopes. TU stands for Tines Up.com with no space between tines and up. This website will not allow me to write it.

fatrooster.

1. Angled or Straight, either are good it is going to be your preference.

2. Swaro, Leica, Zeiss, Minox ED all good

3. Check out the Minox DCM for Digiscoping, you can get one to fit any of the above brands. Affordable and very easy to use, does still shots and video.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom