Squeaky Pack!

monstermuleyman

I bought the Horn Hunter full curl pack system last year and absolutely love it... Except I can't get the internal frame to stop squeaking! Anyone have experience with this? How do I get it to stop? I thought about calling the HH and seeing what they recommend...

try paste wax on the areas that are squeaking. Is it joints that are doing it or fabric on metal causing the squeaks.

RELH

I heard peeps tape up the frame to kill the squeak.

I have yet to hear one out of mine, up to a 128# load.

Hmmmm... I have had my Full Curl for 2 years now and it has never squeaked. I would call them and see what they say. They are great to work with. I know many people who have this pack and haven't heard any complaints of it being squeaky. Hope it's nothing major.

}}-SLIVER-->

If it is the pack sqeaking against the frame...wrap that are with medical tape.
Wax also works, but collects dirt and can eventually lead to wearing.
good luck.

Used my new full curl for the first time this past week and have the same problem. Not very good problem to have on a hunting pack. I know it is happening with the material that they use at the top of pack / frame, but it could be happening at other areas as well. Haven't had a chance to dig to deep into it yet. Other than the squeak I really like how the pack performed!

My had the elberstock that did the same thing,we tried everything.that internal frame is under a log in NM where we forgot it after he shot a bull

The medical tape sounds like a simple solution. I did email Horn Hunter today to ask them for their input / advice on this issue. Obviously not everyone who owns this pack has had this problem so I am curious as to what their recommendation is.

We've had a couple of Badlands and an Eberlestock that squeaked a little. If its between the frame and pack, we use dry graphite. Its cheap, simple and doesn't collect dirt like wax. You can usually apply it without taking the pack apart, which is handy. Haven't had any problems since.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

There are 2 plactic caps on the bottom of the frame where it slides into the hip belt. Pull those off and wrap it in athletic tape. That fixed the squeak coming from mine.

Athens Archery Field Staff
SOP Hunting Gear Staff (PM me for a nice MM discount on Horn Hunter and Tarantula products)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-12 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]I just purchased a full curl system and like it so far, but I have one issue. On my pack the is no opening in the hydration pockets to run your hydration tube through, are they all like that? If they are all like that why even make them hydration pockets?

Any one have there phone number the one on the web site is wrong?

I talked to my buddy that has a Full Curl and he said his was squeaking. He called Horn Hunter and they gave him a fleece sleeve to go around the frame, that solved the problem. Not sure if the frame will be sleeved on all new packs, but it sounds like Horn Hunter knows about the problem and is offering a free fix for people who are having it.

As far as the Hydration pouch. I zip the hydration pocket shut around my hose. This forces it to go over my left shoulder, which is where I have my hydration hose go anyway.

}}-SLIVER-->

As I posted in this thread previously, I emailed Horn Hunter about the squeak on my pack and their response is as follows:

"We are aware that some of the packs do have a squeak, what is your address and we will send you out a fleece frame cover this will stop the pack from squeaking."

So the problem is solved for my pack and obviously this is a company that stands behind their product! I would not hesitate to recommend this pack to anyone based on its performance and the customer service.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom