SST Users ???

DMCHUNTER

This is for the guys that have used them in the field. How did they perform on game. A lot of bullets can shoot good on paper but what was your experience on animals.

I just orded some to try. I have been shooting Barnes Expander 300gr and have taken 3 deer with them. I experienced good performance but was thinking the SST might be better for longer shots?

Sorry that I don't have field experience here for you BUT I have fired a bunch of them testing. The ones pulled from a hard black ground backstop are good looking. Have expansion and have not fragmented or shed the cores. This in 45 cal dont' recall the weight.

Hope that might be a bit of info anyway.

I like the expansion but then again I"m a hardcore X fan anyway and love the penetration values of regular X bullets. The MZ versions did leave a bit to be desired when taking it out to 200 and beyond. I believe the newer higher BC versions would be better than the old ones but the new ones are not that accurate in my current rifle.

Best, Jeff

One deer dead in its tracks, another deer two steps and one 5pt bull that ran 20 yards and tipped over. Great bullets, my favorite. I shoot .50 cal 100 grains of loose pyro and the 250 gr or 240 can't remeber the weight.

The Hornady plastic sabot that wraps the SST is a fussy creature sometimes in hot temperatures. You may experience larger. inconsistent groups that are tough-loading. Buy Harvester sabots in 50-pks & swap the black sabots.

............."KEEP YER' POWDER DRY FELLAS".............

They are awesome! 2 Muley bucks killed, Big ole holes in both even though one was a bad shot, still didnt go far.

P.S. T/C shockwaves are "exactly" the same bullet, sometimes cheaper too!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom