stallion oryx

D

dazed

I have no idea what the drive by hunts of the past were like but my 2/12 and 2/13 hunt was awesome from the the day I drew the tag. Gilbert was awesome and the security people were way cool. As far as the hunt, again I don't know what it use to be like, but I thought it was very good, lots of great animals hard to get on. We saw oryx every time we set up and glassed, some would be 100 miles away but they were there. We went on a good hike and found a herd in a draw with 3 shooters(in our untrained eyes)and picked out the best. Gilbert measured it at 35 7/8 (I did think it was a bull so I missed that) but I am way excited and way happy with the whole adventure.Thanks to all that helped.
6438dsc_0116.jpg

1315dsc_0124.jpg

9553dsc_0127.jpg

dazed ...Congratulations on a GREAT trophy and the best eating around!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Congrats, nice Oryx.I would have guessed it a bull also.Should be a good eat.Good job.My daughter has a broken horn hunt next mouth on the Stallion can't wait.

Good looking, sounds like a great hunt to be part of.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thats awesome! Congrats! Oryx hunting is an experience I will always treasure...no matter how many other critters I kill.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

That is an incredible animal!! I was on the same hunt with you. Beautiful cape on that Oryx as well. Enjoy the meat and congrats!!

hey b_clev how did you do down there? i saw alot of good animals, not near the broken horns i was exspecting after the info i recieved

dazed, Congratulations on a trophy bull. BEATUTIFUL!

You said it best...."We saw oryx every time we set up and glassed, some would be 100 miles away but they were there."

This is what being prepared, being dedicated and willing to hike 2 or 3 miles looks like!

GOOD JOB!

Congrats on a great trophy! Looks like a bull to me too! If I was on my once and lifetime again, I wouldn't have hesitated to pull the trigger on that cow.
I was on the same hunt as you but with a Broken-horn tag. It was a great weekend with perfect weather. The hunt was challenging but very fun!

Congrats again!

Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom