Stansbury Bighorns

ridgetops

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-12 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p]This past week I was able to get out for a day and do some spotting with this years sheep tag holders. Both hunters got real nice rams. I was finally able to get a good head-butt
on film. I wished they were a little closer but it still was awesome to see.
Also, in the second video, there is a cool looking cream colored ram.

There's always next year

No question about Ridgetops being the "sage" of that mountain!
It is way cool watching bighorns crack heads like that and curl their lips (and even scatter the chukars).
We were able to share a moment with Ridgetops last Saturday and watch the rut. I noticed that the blond ram was huge (body wise).
Some of the Wyoming Rocky rams also seem to be buff colored.
Anyway, cool video Koby!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-12
>AT 08:38?PM (MST)

>
>This past week I was able
>to get out for a
>day and do some spotting
>with this years sheep tag
>holders. Both hunters got real
>nice rams. I was finally
>able to get a good
>head-butt
> on film. I wished they
>were a little closer but
>it still was awesome to
>see.
> Also, in the second video,
>there is a cool looking
>cream colored ram.
>
>
>
>
>
>There's always next year

I was thinking they would of posted the hunt and pics by now?

jarhead,
The one tag holder's son is posting their hunt story on the 2012 HAC. He hasn't posted any pictures of their ram yet, but I am sure it will happen as soon as he gets to it. I am not sure if the other hunter frequents this site.
I don't have permission to post pics, but both harvested two of the older rams on the unit and both are 160 class rams.

I thought it was awesome how the head crack sound was about 5 sec after the video!

"You skin grizz?"

Rutnbuck, "katorade" is telling the story about their hunt on this years HAC. The other tag holder shot a big ram with orange ear tags. I have video of it on my 2010 HAC. Here's the link it from 2010.

He looks to be a little bit heavier year.

There's always next year

Sorry for the delay in getting a picture posted. It's a hectic time of year. It was truly a hunt of a lifetime, and I got to enjoy it with my son, my lifelong hunting buddies, and some new friends Ridgetops and littlebighorn. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my success, and congrats to Katorade and his Dad on a great ram.

6520ram.jpg

Sorry, here is the picture. I hope!

Beautiful Ram. Mature,heavy,and broomed off makes for alot of charactor. Congratulations. I'm foaming at the mouth for a sheep tag. Ive had my hands on a fantastic 170ish Idaho ram this year and helping out on a Nevada Desert bighorn hunt in a couple weeks. If I cant have one I will live vicariously through others luck. Once again congratulations 4wapati!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-12 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]Congratulations again, 4Wapati,
I am glad you posted your pictures. He is definitely a ram to be very proud of. That was fun times for sure!

I am also enjoying following Katorade's HAC story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom