Stansbury sheep hunt

shortbus

My wife drew this permit with four points. She just got the call from the state wide sheep biologist. They flew the unit this past week. There has been a 95% die off and not the 35-50% they projected. THIS HUNT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN CLOSED! She has to mail her tag back in and will get a full refund. Her luck of a 4 point draw is now back into the general pool to wait a lifetime to draw a once in a lifetime tag! She is very disappointed. I am glad they did it sooner than later after we had spent more money scouting. I feel really bad for her. She was really looking forward to this opportunity . I guess you can't hunt what's not there. I knew this was a possibility, but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen this way.

Oh man what a shame... I have applied for sheep on that unit for 6 years and enjoyed watching them out there... It will be a long time before it comes back to a huntable population... Sorry about your wife's hunt but at least you get your money back...

Wonder if that exotic sheep Riedgetops saw last year is the culprit. So sad.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-16 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]Larry, the biologist specifically referenced that exotic sheep as well as a domestic that were out there in December.

Been a couple of Domestic Sheep out there!

I Think it was Vanilla that said:

Range Maggots should be Shot on Sight!

I Agree!

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom