Starbucks Coffe denies soldiers!!

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

I usually don't get into the dramatic B.S. our society lives in but earlier I recieved an email about Starbucks . In the email , it was stated that the soldiers in Iraq wrote a letter to the Corp. of Starbucks , speaking on how the coffe was mcuh liked by many over there and asked if the Company could send some over seas . The Company responded , thanking them for thier support of the coffee offered by Starbucks , but that the co. couldn't send coffe as they do not support this war or any of the persons there .
Come on now , the very freedom our armed forces secures for us is not supported in those words , I know the war has mixed feelings , for and against , but to deny soldiers is one thing , to put them down in the sence of non supprt is another thing . I will no longer buy a damn thing from this company AS I CANNOT SUPPORT A BUSINESS THAT OPERATES FREELY YET , questions and puts down our armed forces .......I have the email if anyone would like to read it.....Pretty sorry if ya ask me , hell , ya don't have to ask me , I just stood on the soap box.......

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-06 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]Good research HH. I thought it sounded a little fishy. I guarantee you that if Starbucks were offered a contract to become a coffee provider to the US Gov. they would for sure pony up - politics wouldn't matter a hill of beans (no pun intended). The bottom line is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I don't drink coffee anyway so I will never go there.
ROY

Thanks for clearing it HH , I found it hard to believe and even understand how they would release such comments , thought it would have to close to suicidal business . Amazing how a story can get flopped around .....

I copy and pasted the link and sent it as a reply to the person who emailed it to me...Done deal , now we can go back for a grande carmel macciato....

I remember seeing a starbucks in Kuwait at the crystal palace. If my memory serves me correctly they were selling frozen coffees. I got alot of first class Montana Coffee Traders coffee sent over to me. A guy in my unit got a whole case of copenhagen, skoal, and smokes sent to us. Alot of companys couldnt donate stuff but there employees would and did.
Irl

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom