State wide ml draw odds?

S

southmountain

I havent found what the odds are of drawing this tag . How many points? Someone told me no points to draw but find that hard to beleive. My son will hunt muzzle loader this year so looking at options . He has one point but would like to save it but if 171 is a good hunt then he may use it to draw .

Check out the actual Colorado Dept of Fish and Game website. Click on statistics and you can determine how many points are required at a minimum to draw the weapon specific hunt you want. Keep in mind it only tells you how many minimum points you need for hunts in a unit. From there you see what the post hunt animal populations, and what the hunt success rates are. After that, I would check maps to see how much public land there is in the unit you prefer. I'm hoping for my 1st CO deer tag this year but I'm waiting to see what I draw in my home state (probably nada).

The nice thing is that no matter what happens you get to see some beautiful country with good friends and it sure beats working. I have been traveling to CO during the past few summers camping and fishing with my family. Just pick an area, a specific hunt and go for it. You will do fine. Good luck.
Ed

The odds link from this website (MM) is great, look at top of page.

For statewide ML tag:
NR with 2 pts had 56% chance
Res with 0 pts had 51% chance

Here is the link he is talking about.

http://huntodds.monstermuleys.com/

Click on Colorado, then enter res/nonres and species. Then page through the archery. Statewide is the first listing under Muzzy odds. If you are a resident, you are sitting pretty, if not, get prepared for a wait. With 0 points today, a nonresident can figure on waiting 4 years.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

It's easy to get a cow tag most outofstaters get cow tags and one bull tag so they can party hunt their assoff. I swear I will get a picture of a bull down with the happy hunter only to produce a cow tag. I will turn his worthless ass in.

I hope you do turn his worthless as in, even if he is a resident.

I don't think your statement is true about "most" nonresidents just like I don't find the statement that Colorado people hate nonresidents (present company excluded) to be true. I have found most people, res or nonres, to be great people and hunters. As with anything, there are a few bad apples.

If anyone I hunted with shot an animal that he did not have a tag for, I would probably turn him/her in and he would certainly never go hunting with my party again.

You can check the stats, but I would bet you a nickel that the vast majority of cow tags are sold to residents. Nonresidents generally apply for a bull/either sex tag and only for a cow as a second choice.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>It's easy to get a cow
>tag most outofstaters get cow
>tags and one bull tag
>so they can party hunt
>their assoff. I swear
>I will get a picture
>of a bull down with
>the happy hunter only to
>produce a cow tag.
>I will turn his worthless
>ass in.

Sorry to disapoint you ,but I don't know any nonresident elk hunters from my area that buy a bull tag and cow tags and party hunt,most of the guys from here don't want a cow elk ,they are only after a respectable bull.I only get a cow tag as a second choice in the draw and I hunt alone .

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom