States budgets

Bugler

How many of you are in states looking at a shutdown of Govt svcs?
AZ is looking at probably a shut down if they dont get the budget done by midnight tonight.
Looks like I will be cowboying for awhile, lol. Day work dont pay much but gotta do something. Any one else going to be affected by a State shutdown? One more question. The state of AZ constitution says they have to adopt a budget by tonight. If they dont does that mean we can impeach the lot of them? Any Scholars out there?
Bugler

Oregon just passed a bunch of tax increases to cover te gap, that should pretty much shut things down.

lol. ours are arguing over crap. Theyve had a year to do this and they have about 2 hours left to get it done. Im watching it live on another tab on this pc. Leave things to the govt and this is what we get.
I think they all should be voted out and news ones installed till they get things right.LOL Hey dude you need a foreman to keep those flathats in line?? HAHAHa jk, good luck up there. Heard a line in a movie that reminded me of this one of my favs. This is a big sht sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite.

Dude, you better watch out, if they keep doing that you will surpass us in taxes. Your property tax is already up there in cost.
Out state gov. is still arguing over passing a budget, happens about every year.
The dems in office want more taxes to defray the 25 billion that the budget is short. The GOP is saying No to more taxes, cut the spending instead and downsize the state Goverment.

What gripes my butt is our Dems failed to notice that the voters also said NO to more taxes in our special election we had in May. The only ballot measure that passed of the five, was the one where we cut their pay for failing to pass a budget on time.

RELH

I love the California deal where they can't increase taxes so instead of cutting government they want to issue $3 billion in state IOU certificates to be cashed by banks at a high interest rate. Guess that doesn't impact the taxpayer? I hope the banks refuse to honor all those phony welfare IOU checks and force the government to face reality. Crazy times we are in.

The problem here is until this year we've had a budget surplus, so now that we're coming up short they're in a panic. regurdless of what they do they are going to come up short again this year they just aren't smart enough to know it. in time they'll learn the way you deal with shortfalls is to borrow it not cut expenses or raise taxes, you'd think they would have learned that by now.

I'm not sure what they should do, they have cut some expenses but Oregon has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation, these taxes will ensure it goes higher. it's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, even if they cut back to bare bones government they aren't going to get enough money to stay ahead of the game in this economy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom