Statewide Muley tag

I don't blame a rich guy for spending his money however he wants to and I'm sure he'll kill a deer that I will be envious of. I do however hate the statewide tags because it only fuels the fire of hunting being an elitist hobby and it's a joke watching how those hunts go down. When I watched the video of the Jimmy Johns bull I didn't feel like it was hunting and the way it was handled just made me sick. 30 guys all helping to kill one animal for a guy that can't walk, glass or shoot is not how I see fair chase.

I do like the money for conservation and I wish we could find a creative way to make that money and do away with those tags but I doubt that will ever happen. I have no idea what what could be done to replace the income, but I would love to see it happen and governors tags go away for good. I also would love to see how much of that money actually goes back into the animals. I know they say that it goes directly back towards mule deer conservation, i'd be curious to see how much of it actually does. If 75%-100% did I would be impressed, but I wonder if that is the case. I'm sure most won't agree with that and that's okay. My opinion is worth what you paid for it. And I don't have an answer as to how the best way to recoup those funds if you did away with governors tags. I would love to see something creative done though so we can stop watching the circus they have become.

I don't blame a rich guy for spending his money however he wants to and I'm sure he'll kill a deer that I will be envious of. I do however hate the statewide tags because it only fuels the fire of hunting being an elitist hobby and it's a joke watching how those hunts go down. When I watched the video of the Jimmy Johns bull I didn't feel like it was hunting and the way it was handled just made me sick. 30 guys all helping to kill one animal for a guy that can't walk, glass or shoot is not how I see fair chase.

I do like the money for conservation and I wish we could find a creative way to make that money and do away with those tags but I doubt that will ever happen. I have no idea what what could be done to replace the income, but I would love to see it happen and governors tags go away for good. I also would love to see how much of that money actually goes back into the animals. I know they say that it goes directly back towards mule deer conservation, i'd be curious to see how much of it actually does. If 75%-100% did I would be impressed, but I wonder if that is the case. I'm sure most won't agree with that and that's okay. My opinion is worth what you paid for it. And I don't have an answer as to how the best way to recoup those funds if you did away with governors tags. I would love to see something creative done though so we can stop watching the circus they have become.
100% of that $725k goes to AZFG, none stays in Utah.

100% of that $725k goes to AZFG, none stays in Utah.
I know none of it stays in Utah. I mean how much of it actually goes to Mule Deer in Arizona not just into the AZGFD pocket book. They always preach it goes to the animal that tag is sold for, but I would be curious how much actually does end up on the ground making a difference. If a dollar went to Utah I would be 100% against selling the tag out of state.

I know none of it stays in Utah. I mean how much of it actually goes to Mule Deer in Arizona not just into the AZGFD pocket book. They always preach it goes to the animal that tag is sold for, but I would be curious how much actually does end up on the ground making a difference. If a dollar went to Utah I would be 100% against selling the tag out of state.
I will get that information as soon as it gets back to me from the MDF AZ Regional Director.

I will get that information as soon as it gets back to me from the MDF AZ Regional Director.
Like I said. I am a fan of the money for conservation and hope it all goes to mule deer. If the vast majority of it does I will be happy with that. I just hate the circus and wish we could raise that money some other way so we can get away from the Jimmy Johns style hunts.

100% of that money must be spent on mule deer conservation projects. Anyone can prepare a proposal for a project and submit to the AZGFD regional office for a project in that region. The top 10 proposals from each region go into the statewide habitat project committee and they select the projects to fund. Most of the projects are fully funded by the preparer except for the salary of an AZGFD supervisor for the project. Projects usually have donated material and volunteer labor. $725K will turn into millions in habitat projects. It's how the big game guzzlers get built and the barb wire gets removed.
Azgfd.com/wildlife/hpc/

100% of that money must be spent on mule deer conservation projects. Anyone can prepare a proposal for a project and submit to the AZGFD regional office for a project in that region. The top 10 proposals from each region go into the statewide habitat project committee and they select the projects to fund. Most of the projects are fully funded by the preparer except for the salary of an AZGFD supervisor for the project. Projects usually have donated material and volunteer labor. $725K will turn into millions in habitat projects. It's how the big game guzzlers get built and the barb wire gets removed.
Azgfd.com/wildlife/hpc/
That is good to hear they aren't wasting it. I'm not against the money, just the circus that the hunts are. Nice to hear that the money isn't wasted like it is in so many other government entities.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom