Steelheading

twsnow18

I know this is a hunting forum, but has anyone been having any luck in the riggins area? i wen't Monday and couldn't get on the fish. Three of us tried a lot of different things and fished all day with no such luck in tried and tested spots. We moved around a lot. I'm going to credit this to near record low water levels on the main and little salmon or is it just me? Hopefully this last little storm is helping.

Its you, man:).

Seriously, I have been hearing decent reports from up there. There is a lot less ice upriver than normal, hence the low water. It should be great in the next few weeks.

i thought it might be. we did cover from whitebird all the way down to south of riggins even a bit tho. we were spread out a lot. we didnt see a trace of ice anywhere and the snow line was high but we also didn't see or hear of one person reeling one in either that day. any advice on what to try

I would do the bobber-and-jig thing, maybe tipping the jig with a little bait. Eggs work well for me this time of year, too. Good luck!

You must be new to steelhead fishing. Any seasoned steelhead fisherman knows that they are the only thing more unpredictable than women. You could have fished the same water using the same tactics the day before and caught several. Sometimes they just don't bite; sometimes they all bite. If you didn't hear of anybody else catching them, then few were probably caught that day.

I usually bring binos, a bow, guns, or something for plan B. If I don't see any action in the first few hours, I try something else for a few hours, and then hit it again.

yeah i'm definitely not a veteran at it. it's just a 4 hour drive from where we live so we try to fish all day and play the numbers game. hate to drive all the way up there to give it a shot for an hour and then bag it. this rain storm has brought the water up a good bit i bet you it heats up today and sunday. thanks for the replies and advice. gonna try a few different corky and jig setups, probably need to switch up the colors more

anyone have any fishing pictures from this season or the last few years to post up? this forum has gotten stale since springbear's trapping post

I'm getting the steelhead fever myself! Here are a couple highlights from last year.
2084002.jpg

5184001.jpg

>anyone have any fishing pictures from
>this season or the last
>few years to post up?
>this forum has gotten stale
>since springbear's trapping post

I "freshened" up the trapping post for ya!

I took my boat out on the Salmon above whitebird last weekend. Landed two in an hour or so of fishing. Jig and bobber. The water has went WAY up this week, so fishign will be a little different now.

My buddys did considerabley better, but they put in 3 full days on both rivers.

The king fishing should be great this year as well. I can't wait.

few fishing pics

My daughter
P6200602.jpg

P6160592.jpg

P5050500.jpg

Son
P5240526.jpg

P6130584.jpg

Steelhead
PA220825.jpg

JB5-1.jpg

pdrjfis3.jpg

pdrjfish1.jpg

P1180414.jpg

Taylor_Namoi_fish2.jpg

awesome pictures! a couple of those are monsters. where do you live at springbear? yeah we were just barely south of whitebird but i think i'm gonna get after it sunday. i've been watching the water charts and the little salmon should be picking up, especially after this front moves through tomorrow.

Nice work boys!
It amazes me that those fish make it all the way to Idaho.
I haven't fished much lately, but here are a few pics of our California chromers.

img2360x.jpg

86750632.jpg

54112859.jpg

9876bp8.jpg

sthbh6.jpg

53235993zu8.jpg

17-2.jpg

tr1-2.jpg

9-7.jpg

Harry Nothing like the chrome of the coast. They want to get in my mouth. So are you able to keep Native Fish or just the Hatchery fish? Rutnbuck

i love the color on that very last photo. pretty cool that we get to catch them this far inland if you think about it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom