Still in Raton......

mtmuley

Long Time Member
I've been in Raton for 5 weeks now. Finally got the internet working. We drive through the Vermejo every day and see some critters, but where else around here is some good wildlife viewing? Kinda thinking about driving out to the Valles Vidal. I didn't bring any toys this first trip, but after checking out the Whittington, I will next time. Pretty country out here, but hopefully I'm Montana bound in about a week. mtmuley

Dont forget the deadlines,monday for turkey,15th for elk/deer.

My bone is no stranger to
great envy!

Go up Yankee Canyon and Sugarite Canyon to see deer and turkey or East to Clayton to see speed goats, I believe the VV is closed until April 1.

NMBIGHORN

Hard, There was too many unknowns about where I'd be staying and for how long to be comfortable bringing any guns except for the handgun I always carry. Next time though. Shedz, I took care of my applications before I left. I appreciate the heads up, thanks. NMBIGHORN, thanks. We're gonna go on a field trip tommorrow and Sugarite is another place we were looking at. I want to hunt muleys here one day. It's pretty country. mtmuley

MtMuley-

My buddy and I saw a pretty nice buck in the K-Mart parking lot in Raton two years ago. To add insult to injury, it was on our way back after eating tag soup in Colorado.

I would think that country over toward cimmeron and the colin nesbit area would hold some animals. Not sure about access this time of year. You'll see goats and bison on your way out there too.

WH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom