stinky sheds???

smitty

Very Active Member
Picked up a nice set of sheds today and they stink! Got some old rotten blood coming out of the pedistle, and the whole antler kinda has it's own funk to it. Never seen this before. Any suggestions? It's a nice set, part white and brown, obviously this years, I plan to stain them and hang them on the wall with some leather cord or something, but I gotta get the smell out of 'em first. I'd post pics but I don't know how from my email.

You got a Pic?

If they've been on the ground for anytime at all the Blood would be gone!

Wouldn't think the blood would stank by now either?

Post us a Pic!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I'd mix a little bleach and water in a pail and put the sheds in it just enough to cover the bases and leave them there for a day or two. That should kill about anything that's causing what you mentioned!

I think I read somewhere once that some cactus bucks shed (anyone else heard this) so maybe it had velvet on it and the stench is still there but no sign of velvet?

IDK just a guess cuz I have never heard of this.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I found a velvet covered shed antler once but it didn't stink... Blood coming out of the pestal, never seen that before..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

i found two moose sheds different years that i keep out in the shed, they stink bad. had them in my truck on the way home, not good.

I was hoping this bull was still alive. But sadly somebody got him on the muzzy hunt last year. Score over 360 they tell me. These sheds are right around 340, depending on what width you give him. I'm hoping somebody has a secret recipe to get the stink out.

I have found a few sheds over the years that have had the same problem....even a few chalkers that started to bleed out and stink like a s.o.b.

Best thing I have found is to set them out in the sun and let them dry out....getting them wet will just cause it to bleed out more and stink more....once they are dry I agree with bucklover...spray them down with scent killer or something to mask the odor on the horn.

YB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom