Stocking Up

Pre64

Very Active Member
Sure has been a run on ammunition and reloading components. I've heard all kinds of rumors. Some say that there will be exorbitant taxes on components and ammo. Some say that lead will be outlawed. Some say that primers and powder will have an expiration date and will be good for only 5 years or so. I've also heard that the military is buying all the Federal primers and they won't be available for quite a while.

Anybody hear anything that isn't a rumor???

I took my boy's to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday to see Shockey. We were sitting outside waiting for my wife to pick us up when a gentleman stopped and said I apologize for our lack of ammunition and guns. He went on to tell us when Obama was elected everyone freaked out and rushed to buy the stuff. I asked him what was going to happen he said the manufactures were caught off guard and have been unable to keep up with the demand. I asked him if the price was going to go up or if taxes were going to be imposed he said the price was for sure going to go up because of the high demand, but he was not sure about any tax. Oh yea, his name tag below his name read CEO, that is all I know.

Don't shoot me I'm just telling you what he said.

Slide

Funniest chit I have ever heard. Shooters freaking out about OBAMA being elected and raising the tax on ammunition. Ammunition is sold out, and prices will go up, not because of taxes though, but in fact because of all the tards that think ONE person can change a law in America. LMFAO!!!

The misinformation likely came from the manufacturers themselves. They might pay more taxes . . . We will see of they pass that buck onto Joe consumer. Probably will, and make more money because you are all freaking out. I don't care what CEO said, the manufacturers aint stupid, they can make millions with a little demand/hysteria. Just like OIL!

PS - I aint worried and I don't think I am wrong here. Lead might get outlawed, a few people might pay a few more taxes, but the cost of ammo aint going to double. If I am wrong, I will admit it, but I aint worried.

Its like the pawn shop sign I saw before the election saying to get your guns while you still can. LMFAO! Like the pawn shop owner has a clue what is going to happen to your right to buy a gun. Sure as hell, sales went up!

Oh yea, I forgot to add the CEO said as far as .223 ammo and componets go, it will be a long time before anyone can get any.

Like I said above, don't shoot me I'm just passing on what I was told. I didn't say I believed it or didn't believe it. I'm just anwsering the gentlemans post.

Slide

"Funniest chit I have ever heard. Shooters freaking out about OBAMA being elected and raising the tax on ammunition. Ammunition is sold out, and prices will go up, not because of taxes though, but in fact because of all the tards that think ONE person can change a law in America. LMFAO!!! "

errrr, Congress??????

If there is such a national crisis, why can you order all the powder you want from many reputable companies on line, if you are willing to pay the $20 Hazmat charge? I think this is a regional paranoia. Do a search for your favorite powder and you will find several companies that have it in stock.

One guy sure can change the price of things. If Obama had not been elected do you think ther would have been a run on amunition, guns and other supplies? Obama did change things even if it is only in the preception of people as to the future ability to buy these things. Price will increase now due to demand and not due to policy, but it has the same effect, at least for the short term.

Stan

I guess we will see.

Meanwhile, better go buy 20 more boxes of ammo, cuz the sky is falling.

I think the NRA is fuiling this scare more than anybody. Is there a better way to ramp up memeberships than to scare everyone. I get 3 emails a day from them asking for more money for something and every NRA publication for the last year has been pounding us with what Obama is going to do. I am, and always will be, an NRA memeber but I wish they would use more of our money to fight for our rights and less of it to scare us into giving them more. It reminds me of some evangalists I have heard over the years.

I worked in a sporting good department during the 90's when the bans on assult weapons were imposed. I was amazed with the paranoia. Dealing with nutsos all the time took the fun out of working a gun counter. It's unlikely we will have to defend ourselves from the U.S. military. It's even more unlikely that we will defend ourselves with our 25 guns and lifetime of ammo and win.

I think its more a matter of convenience and longevity. We all work hard on loads for specific rifles using specific components. If I cant get 748 (and I can't, at least not locally) for rock chucks then I gotta start all over with whatever is available. So if I see it, I'll buy a couple of pounds.

BTW, most people I've talked to are stocking up due to the rumor that powder and primers will have a shelf life. I can't find any hard info on this. What makes me uncomfortable is that it may be in the manufactureres interest to do this (at least in some ways). Then again, the military would never stand for it.

The people that don't see what Obama's agenda or the liberal agenda is are the stupid ones. I have been to England on multiple occasions I have seen what has happened over their. I see what those people think about our guns. We are not to far off from loosing what we have. The NRA isn't faking this sheit.

I don't hunt big game much with a gun but I am no dumb azz when it comes to what the left has in store for us. I am stocking up.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom