Stolen bow

TheSwede

Nightmare come true today. I had put a bunch of stuff in storage because I was moving. Went to move it out today and found it had been broken into and ransacked. They stole a bunch of stuff, tools, fishing rods, ammo. But the worst part was they got my bow and case with all of my stuff in it. And I had just put all new stuff on it. Damn thieves!
So I guess I am in the market for a new bow. Any suggestions on good archery dealers in the Provo or Salt Lake area? Damn thieves!

Make sure you call Jakes in Orem, Payson Sports, Salt Lake Archery and Sportsmans Archery and let them know what bow it is.

Some times these folks go in looking to put them on consignment or just as how much they are worth. I've heard of a couple that were recovered that way.

If you are really ambitious, you can also call pawn shops looking for your exact model bow. Don't tell them you are trying to find your stolen one, but simply trying to find another used one like your original. It takes a lot of work, but you can also find them occationally this way too!

I can feel for you. I had my whole set up, case and all stolen from my truck a few years ago. It's pretty painful when it happens the second weekend of the bow hunt though.

Cheers,
Pete

Hey Swede,
I feel your pain. Two years ago I drew an AR301 tag(limited archery elk hunt) and had my Mathews Q2 XL stolen two weeks before the opener. I never recovered the bow, but my friend who's garage it was in had good homeowners and I was able to purchase another one. Gerald down at Sportsmans Archery took care of me. He helped me get another bow set up exactly like my first and I took the second biggest bull to date. I tried some of the ideas that Pete gave you. I wasn't able to find anything that way but I still look for my bow when I find myself near a pawn shop. One thing I learned from this experience is to record (on video) all of my valuables and serial #'s. It makes it much easier to find a value for insurance companies and it also makes it easier for you to identify your valuables if they are ever found. I hope this helps, like you said "damn thieves!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Swede. Hopefully the new bow will shoot better than your old one and that will ease your pain. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom