STOLEN FIREARMS!!!

HGHCOUNTRY

I had 3 guns stolen out of my truck last night (7/1) here in south west Boise!! A Winchester 1200 12 gauge pump shotgun, a stainless Smith and Wesson Sigma .40 S&W semi auto pistol, and last but not least a Winchester .32 lever action rifle it was my Dads first gun over 50 years ago, he killed his first deer with it, so did I, he passed it to me and I was getting ready to pass it on to my son. I am sick!!!! I wouldnt have parted ways with that lever action for $10,000.00!!! Please keep your eyes out for any of these, please PM me if anyone hears or sees anything. I filled out a report with the police, they are going to run the serial numbers. I hope whoever did it understands they just broke a young boys heart cause they took his gun!!

-Ed

Odds are meth heads did the deed. Will sell the guns as fast as they can for more dope. If the police have the serial numbers, it should show up if they pawn them. If they do not have the serial numbers, you would be wise to check pawn shops every now and then to see if you can spot your guns.
If they trade them outright to a dope dealer for dope, you may be out of luck on recovery unless cops happen to raid the dealer and find the guns and run the serial numbers.
It is very important to give the police the serial numbers to increase your chances of recovery, but is not sure fired for recovery in all cases.

RELH

I too had guns stolen from my vehicle, and I live just outside Boise in Star, ID. Went through my car while it was in my garage. Desperate times. I didn't lose any guns of sentimental value so I feel for you.

Good Luck.

Sorry to hear about your situation.
I hope you can recover at least that lever action.
Like others have said, check the pawn shops.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Put the word out with the druggies that your willing to give up 500 bucks for buying back of those guns, you just might get lucky because 500 is alot to those that are hooked on Meth.
It's worth a try.

Sometimes a good reward makes dirtbags like the ones that thieved your guns snitch on even their so-called best friends. Good luck, mtmuley

Try Craigslist.com. Even though its against the site rules to trade guns, they are sold there. I would think a lot of stolen guns are sold off this website.

Thanks for all the responses guys,

I was in the process of moving back to town and had my guns in the cab of the truck. We figured that they were taken between 10:30-11:30 PM as I locked the truck with the alarm at 11:40. Bold S.O.B'S considering it was still kinda light out, also furthering the meth head idea. There are a couple young punks around the corner who spend quality time with the local cops on almost a weekly basis, if I had to bet.... The investigating detective is on a first name basis with them as well, he's been working them since it happened. A gun show rolled through town a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if my guns were traded or sold there. I have been watching the local paper, and craigslist, like a hawk, also hit up 8-10 local pawn shops, I just might try the reward idea. Thanks again guys. (BPK, when were your firearms stolen? The responding deputy mentioned that there had been a rash of firearm thefts from vehicles, and specifically mentioned Star and a few other specific areas of the valley)

Thanks again guys.

-Hghcountry

UPDATE:
Just got a call from the sheriffs office, they recovered my pistol in a meth bust, it will be 4-6 month till I get it back, not a bad way to start the new year though. Thanks to all LE for your hard work.
-Hghcountry

I work for a Sheriffs Dept. Meth is the devil and a high percentage of thieves are on the stuff. NEVER leave firearms in a vehicle unattended. Doesn't matter what time of day. Most thefts where I work occur during the day, probably because people don't expect it.

I feel your pain. My grandfather left me a Winchester 32 special Lever action in 1982. He owned the gun since at least the 40's. I'm almost afraid to hunt with it cause it's one of those sentimental guns that can't be replaced. I have it locked in my safe with a trigger lock on it. I hope you get you gun back and catch the SOB's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom