Stone and or folding mountain outfitters.

BradA

Very Active Member
Who has hunted with stone and folding mountain outfitters, I know they use to be two different outfitters but now have combined to one. Anyone have experience or hunted with them since they have been combined, or previous to the combining of the outfitters?

Hunted with Stone Mountain Safaris a couple decades ago for sheep and moose. Might be too long ago to be of any help to you at all.
It was nothing short of fantastic. Yes, we had to hunt long and hard but I always figure it would come together, which it did on both species.

Zeke

I hunted with Dave Wiens and Stone Mountain in 1995, and took a 171” ram… dark with the classic cloudy-gray head. Danny was my guide. It was a fantastic hunt. Took the ram on day 8 of a 14 day hunt, after not seeing a ram the first six days.

As I recall, that hunt cost $13.5K US, which was a lot of money to me then. After inflation, that would be about $25K today. Hard to believe they are quoting $75K for 2023, with expectations for significant increases over the next few years. Needless to say… glad I went when I did.
IMG_0178.jpeg

I hunted with Dave Wiens and Stone Mountain in 1995, and took a 171” ram… dark with the classic cloudy-gray head. Danny was my guide. It was a fantastic hunt. Took the ram on day 8 of a 14 day hunt, after not seeing a ram the first six days.

As I recall, that hunt cost $13.5K US, which was a lot of money to me then. After inflation, that would be about $25K today. Hard to believe they are quoting $75K for 2023, with expectations for significant increases over the next few years. Needless to say… glad I went when I did.
View attachment 115997
Very nice. Wish I went 30 to 40 years ago. Missed my window. As much as I would like to shot a Stone and Dall’s I am not willing to spend that kind of money. Rather invest in my children’s future.

View attachment 115997
Not too different in color marking from mine.
I went with Dave in 2003.
I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since I was there!

703144B7-F286-4992-898B-E2C97A0BEA70.png

Great ram, Zeke. And I like your outfit. Those were the days before everyone was Sitka/KUIU.
Thanks HT,

Those non-camo days are mostly still here for me.

I was helping an outfitter on a desert sheep hunt and one of the guys in camp said "hey, the 80's called and wants their camo back". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He's a good dude and the comment was well placed and well received. It was after the hunter shot a GREAT ram and everyone was roasting each other. Good times!

When I wear camo, it's older than most of the guys on here. haha

It would be interesting to know what Mr. BradA is interested in chasing up there.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom