Stone Sheep Hunt, Tuchodi River Outfitters

flyingbrass

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 02:44?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 02:32?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 02:31?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 02:29?PM (MST)

I won the 2010 Eastern Chapter FNAWS Stone Sheep hunt in British Columbia. 39 and 2/8ths on the long side. Gross score 164 and change before drying period and 163 and change net. I'm doing a full body mount on the sheep and the goat! Everything was perfect but the weather. It rained all but 2 of the 16 days I was there and there was lots of fog. Guide was Lawson Peterson who has got to be the toughest guy on the planet! The wrangler was really good also, as well as the pack dog who carried out the hams of both animals. Even if I tried to nitpick and I really looked for something that could be improved but in the end they were totally, totally perfect. If you need a stone hunt, you can't beat this outfitter!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

4968p8222561.jpg

1593p8222659.jpg

6703p8272663.jpg

4254john_keeling_lawsons_018.jpg

848p8142466.jpg

3351john_keeling_lawsons_010.jpg

5990p8222540.jpg

Congrats on an awesome Stone's. Check out the beautiful
coat on this ram. Just magnificent. Should make for an
awesome shoulder mount.

ELDORADO

Excellent ram. A good dark cape is as much of a trophy as the horns. A great Stone sheep like that is one of the top animals in North America. A Full mount is the only way to go. It looks like a pretty nice goat too. Congratulations on both.

Jim

What a super great ram. Unless you are standing next to them you can't appreciate how big they really are. A dog that carries out both hams is a stud too.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Congrats on the great Stone and also the Goat....we will be looking forward to seeing the results later of the FULL mount.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

The sable-dark body and cloudy-grey face and neck make for a classicly beautiful stone sheep. Tell mama to begin clearing out some space for a new full-body ram.

Wow, what a beautiful stone! Love that dark coat.

Congrats!!!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Brass
Congratulations on taking one of the most beautiful animals in the whole wide world! The dark cape is a bonus.
I love Stone sheep and I'm sorry, and appreciative, that I will only be able to hunt them successfully one time.
I have a friend who will need a Stone sheep and would love to win one too!
Larry runs a great operation in a wonderful area. I've talked to him several times but did not hunt with him.
Congrats again on a couple beautiful trophys!
Zeke

Thanks everyone for the support. I realize what a special hunt this was for me. Although I am still young and healthy, I made my wife promise me that when I die she will put my stone sheep photo on the casket!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

CONGRATULATIONS flyingbrass!!!

You did absolutely fantastic. I'm glad it turned out so well and you created what are undoubtedly a vault full of fantastic memories to treasure.

Wow. Spectacular. Again, I'm very envious. One of the best stones I've seen in a while. I better quit looking at these Stone posts or I may feel another mortgage coming on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom