Stone Sheep Outfitter?

TheSaint

Who would you all recommend for a good stone hunt w/ good sheep #'s? I know they're expensive, but I figure they're only going to get more expensive the next few yrs.

Great ram!!! I ended up w/ a 40 inch Dall this yr from Alaska. I really want to get the ball rolling for a 09 Stone hunt as I already have a Alaskan/Yukon Moose hunt in the works for next Sept. Congrats again and thanks for the info.

Kawdy Outfitters (Stan/Bart Lancaster)
Folding & Terminus Outfitters (Dale Drinkhall)

I have hunted moose/goat/caribou with Lancaster's and it was awesome. My friend shot a 37 1/2" Stone with them this year.

I have not hunted with Dale but have friends that have and they both shot nice Stone's with him.

>Kawdy Outfitters (Stan/Bart Lancaster)
>Folding & Terminus Outfitters (Dale Drinkhall)
>
>
>I have hunted moose/goat/caribou with Lancaster's
>and it was awesome. My
>friend shot a 37 1/2"
>Stone with them this year.
>
>
>I have not hunted with Dale
>but have friends that have
>and they both shot nice
>Stone's with him.

Dale treats residents hunters in his area like dirt. I have friends that have guided for him. Nasty man.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Lancasters.

This may not matter to you when choosing an outfitter but maybe it might.

SSS

I've tried posting pics but I think they are too large. Any suggestions?

He's good ram w/ a very tight curl. It took three hunting trips and 4 yrs to finally get my ram. His bases are just under 13 inches and he has a 40inch curl. I've killed some great whitetail and mule deer, but this is by far my most cherished trophy.

I have heard the same thing about Dale. I also talked to a guide that has guided several stone sheep hunts and when I ask him about what area he would go into if he could pick he said it would be Dale's without a doubt, said it is a great area wiht lots of nice sheep. I have no idea if the story I heard was true, could have been jealous talk. Good luck on your Stone sheep hunt, I think it would be awsome to get one of those big dark rams !!!!

I hunted with Darwin Carrey of Scoop Lake Outfitters in 2002. Great outfit! The pictures I've see from the last couple of years, they've taken some hogs.

I had to e-mail the pictures to myself. when I do that it asks if I want to make the pictures smaller. I Made them smaller, then put them back in my pictures and then was good to go.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-07 AT 08:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-07 AT 08:13?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-07 AT 08:06?PM (MST)

470050a93f537490.jpg

470050e4400389ca.jpg

UHH, that ram looks very much worth making three trips and waiting four years to take. What a beauty! You're a lucky man.

My top choices would include: Heidi Gutfrucht, Drinkall, Curt Thompson and Stone Mountain Safaris, in that order.

I would second the recommendation for going with Heidi Gutfrucht, my brother and I just returned from a hunt with her and everything was great, -- honest, hard working, good equipment, good people etc. 1st class all the way!

Kind of surprised no one mentioned Bradford and Company. I hunted with them in 1998 and shot my ram out of a band of 17 rams. My outfitter for my Wyoming Rocky hunted with Braford and Co. in 2006, and killed a solid 38" ram.

I hunted with Bradfords this year. Got a nice ram first day. They are very good at what they do. It is a very good luxury to know you can stay till you get your ram, and if you don't get one you come back the next year free. With price of these hunts it is conforting to know you will only pay once. This country is just beautiful. I have been in a lot of mountains these are second to none.

Heidi does not have a website. Her outfit is called Northwest Ranching and Outfitting. She doesn't do much advertising as most of her clientel is repeat or referenced by word of mouth. She runs a small outfit, has 8 sheep permits but only takes 6 hunters due to logistics. Dark, heavy horned sheep with little or no resident pressure. Great horses, equipment and people. GOABC (Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia) is a great place to research outfitters in B.C., NWT and the Yukon. I have heard nothing but good things about the Bradfords as well.

TJ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom