Stop Oil Speculation Now

Increase the supply, and a decrease in speculation WILL follow. DRILL NOW!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Nope, just wondering when America will wake up and use the resources available. If we start opening up off-shore drilling TODAY, the effect on the price per barrel will be seen almost instantly. So, I ask, why are we letting China and other eco-unfriendly countries drill right off our shores while America can't? Makes as much sense as wind-fall taxes as a solution to the deficit.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Pro, I think the people are waking up, I think they see the writting on the wall, they/we want drill here drill now. The biggest obsticle is the spineless gutless worthless politicians that are too weak kneed to do anything. What we need right now is a leader the likes of Ron Reagan. We need a leader that has a pair and is willing to stand up and do what is right.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

McCain and his goof ball economist say leave it alone, shouldn't that be your stance Ransom?

"I'm sure Dude and his prodigy can find plenty of negitive things to say. Makes you wonder if Phil Gramm was thinking of them when he spoke."

Count the threads on this forum and see how many are whining about Obama and the liberals vs anything else , who are the whiners?

And since you're my spelling police learn how to spell NEGATIVE, I might need corrected.

So why aren't you behind gramps and Gramm on this issue anyway? you didn't say.

Would you expect a forum on a hunting website to be full of Obama-ites?

Educate me, did McCain not say we should open ANWR to drilling immediately?

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-08 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]Back off Oregon, RANSOM. Cut off the decaying flesh of Portland, Salem and Eugene and my home state rocks.

DC

HDork

Here are some my thoughts.

1. I'm not voting for Obama because he's black its because he's liberal.

2. I'm not voting for McCain because he's old its because my vote is a throw away vote where I live so I'm voting for Barr because I like some of the things he stands for.

3. My spelling lapse must of been because my great grandparents moved from Texas to Oregon before they passed on. As everyone here at MM knows Oregon does strange things to people.

Ransom

I just can't understand voting for a person who was on the board of the Joyce foundation and was going to be it's next president. He also has only one provable voting record and that is for major gun control. How can a hunter vote for him? I suspect that some people on this board are not really hunters at all.

You mean this?

Obama and the Joyce Foundation

4/23/2008

The press is finally starting to notice Barack Obama's problem with gun owners. Politico notes that Obama served on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which has given millions of dollars to gun-control groups. In fact, Politico's Kenneth Vogel reports that Obama thought about taking over as head of the Joyce Foundation, but decided to focus on politics instead.

The Joyce Foundation gave $21 million to anti-gun groups while the senator served on the board, yet now the head of the Joyce Foundation is trying to claim the group doesn't just fund gun-banners.

Ellen Alberding told Politico, "We're not promoting a particular solution. We're promoting really smart people to think about problems and come up with ideas on how to solve them." That's baloney. From the Violence Policy Center to Ohioans Against Gun Violence, the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Education Fund, the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and many others, the Joyce Foundation gives its money to groups that have never supported gun ownership. When was the last time any of those groups came out in support of a pro-Second Amendment law? The answer is never.

The shameless attempts to disguise Obama's record on the Second Amendment has caused the candidate to make the claim that he doesn't know enough about the D.C. Gun Ban case to offer an opinion. It's forced other Democrats to distance themselves from Obama, because they represent pro-Second Amendment constituencies. And now the Joyce Foundation can't even come clean about their point of view ... all because Obama and his supporters can't let Americans find out just what he thinks about your right to keep and bear arms.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-08 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]Thanks and yep. That guy is for gun control and redistribution of wealth which would make him a communist by definition. I am voting for Bob Barr.

And Ashland - the home of Berkley North's less esteemed collegue...

I can't believe I named my youngest daughter after that place...

DC

Luckless do you even read what the thread is about? oil speculation, that means commodity trading not drilling get with it. McCain and his buddy Gramm want it left the way it is, Gramm even helped get it where it is. Ransom is just one of the whiners.

Dude,
So when you replied to a reply of a post that was about frilling, I'm supposed to think you are refering to the original post??? Not to mention that you CANNOT seperate the two. Speculators speculate on future drilling and the resultant supply, so they not?

Dang, I said drilling again.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-08 AT 08:14AM (MST)[p]HDork

Takes one to know one.
Actually the economy in my area is fine. Having one of my best years ever in business, my 3rd grandchild arrived earlier this year, drew 2 really good tags, putting an addition on my hunting cabin right now, just purchased a vacation home on the coast so what is there to whine about? Seems to me you are the malcontent.

Ransom

Ransom I'm thinking you're dumber than I gave you credit. the economy doesn't revolve around you, you're part of it. I'm doing great myself, commodity prices are up and I think I'm going to get some properties back I'm carrying the paper on for far less than I think they're worth even in todays market.

Does that make the economy good? for me yes for the nation no. the economy is bad and it's going to get worse, I'm not going to laugh at others in trouble, you go ahead.

Wow Dude where have I laughed at others in need? You called me a whiner and I simply pointed out that it isn't bad for me. Where have I ever said the economy revolves around me? Here this whole time I thought it was a good thing to work hard and invest. I guess I should really count my blessings now that I know I'm even dumber than I previously thought. And Dude why don't you tell us how it feels to be so dang smart and have all the answers.

Ransom

I don't have all the answers, if I did I wouldn't be talking to you clowns. the neocon attitude is right/wrong, black / white, I'm one of the few who says there are two sides to the story and state it as best I can. if we listen to only the ditto head babble around here the republicans have all the answers and it's all so simple, the dems just ruin everything.

The fact the dems are in position to gain full control this fall should make you wonder if you do have the grip on reality you think you do. stop making everything a dem hate and personal attack thread and figure out where you went wrong, the dems didn't steal power you gave it to them and now hold them responsible for your failure. that's the only reason I can think of for such bitterness around here, it's getting worse.

dude, you are the most bitter person on here, and YOU complain/blame more than anyone on here. You NEVER see any good from Republicans, and ALWAYS stick up for the libs. I myself am more ticked off on the Republicans who are NOT conservatives even though they claim to be.

I do KNOW that speculators are NOT the cause of high oil prices, speculation is a DIRECT affect of low supply. Low supply is a direct affect of relying on others for our supply, which is that way because of pinheads preventing America from INCREASING the supply which would/WILL lower speculation effects on oil prices, which in turn WILL lower oil prices. Which party is blocking drilling off-shore, drilling in ANWR, coal mine power plants, nuke power plants, new refineries, oil shale extraction? THAT is who is MORE to blame for high fuel prices than speculators and 'evil' oil execs!

PRO

Speculation does run up oil prices it's a fact, question is can and should we take action against it. I contracted my wheat for $2 a bushel higher than market price today due to speculators, unfortunetly for them wheat isn't as in demand as oil.

The dems say they're going to push for a use it or lose it vote next week on the 68 million acres of land open to drilling the oil companies are sitting on today, if they won't drill it will be offered to someone else. this will tell the story, if the oil companies say take it we'll know it's not any good and we need new areas, if they say we'll drill then we'll know they're dragging their feet and the dems were right. I'm thinking the dems in an election year know the answer to the question before they force an answer, I'm very interested in how this plays out. if they're right Bush will have egg on his face, if they're wrong they better get their crap together and fast or McCain might thump them .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom