String Question

need4x4

I have a reflex Growler. It is about 20 months old.

I wanted to put a peep without the hose on it. I was told a new string would be needed to make that happen. No problem there. Will do that after this bow season.

Just wondered how often folks replace their strings and what brands they use.

I appreciate it.

Logan

You don't need a new string to put in a tubeless peep.
Replacement depends on how much you shoot and how often you wax your string. I have went as long as 3 years on my hunting bow, and as short as 10 months on a 3D bow which was shot A LOT!

Lien2

We make our own strings and they last as long as they last. Some last as long as a couple of years and some last a year. It depends on if they get hit or cut. We pre stretch them with about a 150 lbs over night. Then serve them the next day. Once we get our peep set it rarely ever creeps.

Winners Choice are what we used to use and they are great if you got lots of money.

The ones we make now are better and way cheaper.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I usually replace mine about every year. I could probably make it last two if I took real good care of it. I use Winners Choice but there are lots of good choices out there. Bucknasty and Vaportrail have a good following.

The reason why your shop said you need a new string for a tubeless peep is because stock strings are often inferior and will continue to stretch and stretch. It is impossible to keep a peep straight with a string like this. So you install a good pre-stretched custom string, shoot it in about 100-200 times to settle it, and your peep won't move.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom