String wax & arrow lube

nvhunter

You guys use string wax? Saw a treatment kit from Winners Choice that i was going to get just wondering if its worth it, or just plain ol string wax ok?
And i have just recently read things about using lube or treatments on the first 1/3 or so of your arrows to make it easier to remove them from targets like the stand up deer targets.

I wax my string after every other shooting session. Also use a lil string wax on the threads of my FP to keep them tight during practice sessions.

I think the string wax is a must. Arrow wax? Personally I don't want anything on my arrow shafts. I want them clean and smooth with no foreign substances that may effect arrow flight at longer ranges. Arrow wax...just another idea for someone to make a buck.

))))------->

There are a few different things that you can use to lube your arrows. Many people use Woodys arrow lubs, while others use soap. I have had great results with Chap Stick, I put it on the first six inches of the arrow and it last for several shots.

String wax is a must, but I have always just used the Bohning stuff that can be had for a couple bucks.

Winners Choice is good stuff. not a bees wax based like the Bohning, but both will work. Wax up the string then dbl over several layers of paper or a chunk of index card and rub the string to melt the wax into the string.

Use Woody's on the arrow tip for easier removal from rubber (3d) targets.

Scorpion Venom (or slickem as I like to call it) works for easyer arrow removal on 3D targets, just dab a little on the end of your arrows.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

String wax is OBVIOUSLY a must and if it's that frickin tough to pull arrows buy a rubber frickin arrow puller...GEEZUS!!

~Z~

Check out the YouTube video of Scorpion Venom 3 Star string cleaner and lube. Its the wax for the new century. Got some last week and it works great.

I use String Snot and like it a lot. It doesn't bulk up on the string like so many other brands out there. I use it every time I shoot, before and after.

Also, While Winner's Choice makes a good string, they are way over priced. You can find litterally dozens of places out there that charge about half of what they do, for the same thing and in my case I have found even better quality than what they can provide. I used to shoot Winners Choice, not any more.

Wax your string up real good with whatever product you use and use a blowdrier on low to melt your wax, it will penetrate all the way through. Dont hold it to close or get it to hot. Works great.

+ 1

never used a conditioner or anything like that but wax everyother time is a must.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom