Stripping velvet

bayside

I killed an archery buck 2 years ago in the velvet, and didn't think much about preserving the velvet, he just hung in my garage. I want to try and strip the velvet off, and then color him. I tried just kind of widdling away at it with a knife and realized it's going to take me a long time to finish doing it that way. Just wondering if you guys knew of an easier way to do it. Thanks in advance for all the input.

Soak it in water for a day or two, then strip the velvet....I dont recommend the gas.....lol

Find someone close with beatles. They will eat it. May have to soak it first. Where are you located? If your close I would do it for you.
Elkhuntr

If he would ever call, Ive got beetles and the price I gave him cant be beat. It would even be done in a day or two depending on how long they would take to soften up a little.

Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Try softening it yourself and see how it strips. Start soaking it in hot water for a day, then change the water the next day. Then try peeling it the following day. It might peel easy. If not it will be softened and you can drop it my RTs or my shop (AmFork). I'd bet you can do it yourself easy enough after soaking them and save yourself the time and money of having someone else do it. Best of luck.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Yeah, eurosbyRT gave me a great price, I just don't want to drive all the way south. I'll try it myself, and if all else fails, I will take it to him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom