Stupid UT shed hunters!

We may be stupid shed horn hunters but at least we did not introduce wolves in our state. wolves kill how many elk and deer each year and your worried about a shed hunter looking for sheds a bit early, get a life.

headbones, I agree with you, shed hunters need to gain some ethics and it is not just Utah hunters, we have them here in our State also. Eventually the State will put a season on for shed hunting and that will come from a few idiots out there trying to get a step ahead of the next guy.

>
>
>We may be stupid shed horn
>hunters but at least we
>did not introduce wolves in
>our state. wolves kill
>how many elk and deer
>each year and your worried
>about a shed hunter looking
>for sheds a bit early,
>get a life.

What makes you think we had a choice in the wolves? That was a government deal not our choice. But even if we did how can you use that to justify stressin' the game and risking killing some just for a dang horn?

beav,
the people in Wyoming did not reintroduce wolves into thier state. It was outsiders and it was forced on them. Wolves could highly likely be coming to a neighborhood near you in Utah and in my state (Nevada) too and there is nothing we can do about it I'm sorry to say. fatrooster

I am newer to this site and dont post much but read a lot of the posts. And i am seeing people argue over and over about shed hunters affecting the wild life. I will agree that PEOPLE shouldn't be out bothering wildlife in the winter time, but single out shed hunters isnt the problem its the individuals that are putting extreme pressure on the animals rather for a shed or to train there hounds not to chase them with the shock collar. It is not only the shed hunters that bother them and i think that needs to be cleared up. IF and when they do put a season in southeast Utah all it will do is what everyone has said before screw the honest ones and the ones that dont care who are the ones most likely harassing the wildlife regardless of shed hunting or not. If I cant shed hunt until may I will still want to be out in the hills, rather its ridding my horse or four wheeler or just hiking around, and yes that could bother wildlife but as long as I just leave them be it didnt kill anything buy just walking by. So there is my two bits and I am not replying or trying to argue with anyone in-particular but like I said earlier I DO agree that we need to put as little stress as possible on the herds but it is not just the Shed Hunters.

Blacky

I have read the article. its pretty clear that these guys didnt just jump a few deer and they sure didnt have their dogs under control. I hope the fines are the highest the law allows. With that said the law still isnt stiff enough! I do not support an antler season and dont think that is the solution. The DWR or G&F doesnt have enough manpower to patrol every square mile.I would support stronger fines and loss of hunting privleges under the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact as a measure for repeat offenders. Whats the difference between killing a buck with a rifle and killing one by running him to death during the most crucial time of the year? None!!! Yes they are Stupid and yes they are from Utah. So Stupid Ut shed hunters fits them to a T !!!

What I am trying to say is everone is to blame for stress on wildlife home builders late season elk hunters hikers, you name it they all are harrassing game. Problem is everyone thinks its everyone elses fault but theres so they jump on here and cry about someone. The more people whine the easier it is for the dwr to sell you a tag and make a few bucks off of you to pick up a shed, that is all that will happen from this type of garbage. Do what you do and shut up. Its amazing that if you pay for a late season elk tag here in utah you are just fine to go out and run everything to death. Go enjoy the outdoors before people like this ruin it for everyone else.

I am agreeing with you completely, its everyone shed hunters included but it is not just them. The other thing is you cannot stop the complete harassment of wild winter or any other time of the year, there will always be something we just need to have the respect for them and try to limit to as little as possible.

Im not from UT so im stayin outta this one...

Timberline
47bc7e734e04c60a.jpg

http://www.timberlineoutfittersnevada.com/

Yeah it's always the few idiots that ruin it for everyone else. There are a lot of people getting out this time of year cuz it's nice and yes they all put just as much stress as the honest shed hunters. Just stinks that the shed hunters get all the guff. Won't be long before there are seasons and tags for everything. "Do you have a tag to look out your car window at that deer?" "You have to have a permit cuz the deer are in your yard and when you walk out the door it scares them." Stinks that agency like the dwr always think the only way to fix something is impose a bunch of restrictions. They should just make the punishments a lot more severe for the few rotten eggs that run game trying to get them to drop.

I talked to a Game and Fish guy from Wyo. a couple of years ago and he said that their dept. only had jurisdiction over the wildlife. Once an animal has shed his horns, the shed horn was no longer considered wildlife by their ledgislators definition. Therefore they cannot control shed hunting by charging a permit fee or they would have done it years ago. But they do have some well known wintering areas that are closed for shed hunting until the Middle of May. That's what I think Utah will start doing more of in the future will be closing more areas of the State if not all of it until later in the year. Again too bad that a few A-holes have to ruin it for all of us.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom