Stupidest Injuries

Roy

OK so I have to admit, yesterday I threw my back out - MAKING THE BED. Don't know how I managed that one, but this is the worst I have ever felt any back pain ever. So just wanted to find out - what is the stupidest way you have ever injured yourself?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Is it the pain pills that caused this to be in the Mule Deer Forum? :)

Roy, i hurt myself jogging. Was in my 30's, doing my regular 8 mile loop that i used to keep in shape for buck hunting season. About half way, I felt something pop in my lower back and ended up walking back to my home. I figured the injury to be just a muscle injury and it was nothing really long term but i never again jogged to stay in shape for hunting.

Joey

>Is it the pain pills that
>caused this to be in
>the Mule Deer Forum? :)
>

Well - maybe just the pain! Only taking ibuprofen right now. Think I can manage with that.

Will request to have this moved to the Campfire.

UTROY

I blew 3 discs in my lower back at work picking up 2 trash bags with about 40 pounds of stuff in them at the most and haven't been the same since. I knew a guy at the same job who bent over and picked up a screw and did even more damage than I did to myself.

I know your pain Roy! You should probably get it checked out.

Bill

"Making the bed" Yeah, that's what I call it too. ;-) Ive hurt my back many times and in many ways. Never "making the bed". The "horizontal mambo" yes, but never "making the bed".

Jumped a fence and landed in another post hole.. Landed hard and had fairly recently broke that leg in half. Broke it so back in a cast I went....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Tag
Thats why I use Nair down there.

Trying to release a pike didn't go so well. Ended up with one prong of a big treble hook poking all the way through the flap of skin between my thumb and index finger, another prong buried deep in my thumb.... third prong still attached to wiggling fish. Always use pliers.

I hurt myself often but one time that has to be the stupidest was I put an extender in the kitchen table. I was trying to close it and leaned out over the table with both arms stretched out to squeeze the table together... Well I guess I leaned a little to hard on the table with my chest and the table broke and I went face first in to the kitchen floor and broke 2 ribs.

I was camping in a very frosty January one year and I had my portable generator locked in the bed of my truck. So one morning I came out of the camper and used the back tired like a step to lift myself into the bed and start the generator. As luck would have it I found out the true meaning of the word slippers?the tire had frost on it, my foot slipped, I slammed down hard and fractured two ribs on the bed. I lay on the ground in a fetal position freezing for about 20 minutes before I could get up. Yep that was fun? not so much.

GBA

Started catching some small catfish one day and decided to release 1 back into the lake. With my cowboy boot on turned my foot sideways to push it into the water and its fin/spike went through my cowboy boot and 1/2inch or so into my foot. It started to flop around, and I sat down and held it until we could beat it over the head and get it killed. Could not pull it out. Had to cut the spike off and take my boot off and go to the doctor to get it out.

Roy, here's the story on my stupidest injury...

Once upon a time when I was 11 years old I was riding my bike from the house to the nearest gas station to buy some candy with my brothers. Halfway is a church parking lot. Being in the lead and crusing pretty good, in the parking lot, I looked back to see where my bros were...WHACK!! I smacked one of those big cemented into the ground 20' light poles and completely wrecked myself!! I just remember sitting there bleeding and crying...I acquired 5 scars that day :)

~Z~

When I was a kid, I got a new fishing pole. Got some line, put it in the reell and than went out in the yard, tied a weight to the line and and began casting. Well, the weight caught on a weed, so I yanked a little harder. Still wouldn't retrieve, so I yanked a little harder....Uh oh, here it comes. Just like in the movies, in slow motion, this weight comes zinging towards my head...whack. Got my first stitches over that one.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

When I was a kid all I wanted was a BB gun for Christmas. A Red Ryder!!! I finally got one and took it out to shoot it Christmas morning. I shot at a something metal and it ricocheted back and got me right by my eye. I told my parents an icicle fell off the house and got me. :)

Worst I personally know about happened to my younger brother. He was out on a surveying job in east TX after a rain storm, cutting survey lines with a machete. While jumping across a creek, he slipped on the clay and his left hand hit the blade. Angled across the palm from just below his index finger to just above the wrist on the other side. While he was falling, his hand slid from the handle to the end of the blade and back the other way when he was getting up. Cut to the bones and every tendon was cut. He was in surgery for over 8 hours, but they were able to reconnect everything and he's got about 95% use and feeling. I still cringe thinking about it.

I know that I can't compete with Justr, but here is the story of my only broken bone. The maiden trip of my brand new Polaris Predator 500 sport quad had my Wife in my ear nagging, wear a helmet, no jumping, go slow, be careful. With my Wife watching I saddle up for the very first ride when I realize I forgot my gloves. I go to step over the seat as I exit the quad when my foot slips off the footpeg. I go helmet first into the dirt and break my collar bone. That was the longest 3 hour drive home ever. At least I didn't have to listen to the Wife saying I was going too fast.

Well, I got young stupid and old stupid,
First, as an eight year old I used a lighter to check the fuel level in a Coleman lantern. Yep, there was some fuel left in there!
Later in life I jumped up on the ice crusted trailer tongue to get something out of the truck and slid off,straddling the tongue. Only then did I realize that the distance to the ground exceeded the length of my legs resulting in a serious crushing of the family jewels.
CB08

When I was ten or so I was playing in the yard in shorts and decided to hop the fence to see some friends. This was an old school chain link with the wires crossing at the top. No safety caps like they have now. Well I slipped as my leg was swinging over the top and I sunk those two crossed wire tips deep into my leg right below my arse and immediately fell backwards in pain. Those wires were still in and carved a path down the back of my leg from ass to ankle. My dad said it looked like they were getting ready to skin me....it is the longest scar I have ever seen, and no I will not post a picture. I still will trade that pain for what would have happened if I had missed by a couple inches and left my sack on that fence...

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-11 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]When I was a kid on the elementary playground, I was alone on one of those glider swings that was made out of pipe. It had a seat on each side, kinda like a teeter tawter. Anyway, as it swings forward the pipes come together in a scissor type motion. I got the brilliant idea to do the "look mom, no hands, and no feet". Not holding on, caused me to slide forward just in time to get my young family planner caught in that pinching/scissor spot. It stopped the swing like you stuck a 2X4 in the spokes of a bike. I heard some wierd, strange high pitch screeching sound, then realized it was me! Yep, that's how you get a higher IQ. Live through it, and you will never do "it" again!

Some years later, getting ready for my first year I could legally hunt deer, I was messing with the pully system my Dad had in the garage to hang deer up on. It was a simple pully attached to a rafter, with a rope going through a pully and tied to a piece of broom handle. Anyway, I got another one of my brilliant ideas. I thought, "if I sit on that broom handle, I can pull on the rope and pull myself right up to the ceiling! It worked great until I got up to the ceiling, where I had to lean out away from the rope to get closer to the ceiling. That's when gravity took over. My top end out balanced my bottom end. It felt like I was falling and I instinctively threw my arms out to catch myself. Bad idea! Now I was falling, head first like a missle straight down onto the cement floor. I witnessed a bright flash of light before it became dark. It was the day before the opening of deer season and I wasn't telling anybody! My neck hurt like crazy. It was so stiff I couldn't even turn my head. Didn't matter! Nothing was keeping me home. I survived but still have sharp pains in the base of my neck.

Ok I was gonna leave all the dumb stuff to you guys but with all the honesty. I was mowing lawn whem I was 13 I slipped down a hill and my foot went under the back of the mower and I removed the end joint of my big toe and the next. Bill

Most of these injuries sound like plain old accidents with maybe slight hints of stupidity. Mine involves 100% stupidity and was doomed from the get go. The sad thing I was an adult at the time.

My wife and kid went to run some errands so I had the house to myself. I was excited to watch a ballgame with no distractions so I went upstairs to grab some grub. My stairs down to the basement had two steps down to a small landing, then took a right with the rest of the steps going all the way down. I dont know what came over me, but I stopped at the landing, chips and salsa in hand staring down the steps. For some reason I felt compelled to jump. Not all the way down, but like half way down. I swore I could stick the landing on like the 7th step down, of course with the chips and salsa not spilling. So I gauged the distance, the height, and off I went. The salsa stained several stairs, the walls, and much of the basement floor. The chips were obliterated. My left foot had three broken bones, and my wife now knows with a surety that Im retarded.

I once shot a coyote a little high in the back and it managed to crawl down a wash. It took me a few minutes to get over there and I noticed it had gone up the wash a ways. It was leaving a whole lot of blood in the snow and I thought it would be dead any minute. I caught up to the coyote laying under a bush, I could tell it was still alive but thought it was about dead. I thought I would help speed up the process a bit by stepping on its chest. It was much more alive than i thought and sunk all four canines in my calf muscle. I instantly thought how stupid that was. It was an interesting explaining that one to the doctor when I went in for a tetanus shot.

1.Almost lost my eye putting on a pair of saftey glasses.
2.Broke my hand on a cow's head trying to put an ear tag in.
3.Lost a finger rolling boulders down a hill.
4.Shocked my junk crawling through a hot wire fence.
These are just a few of the dumb ones.

About 10 years ago on sunday after noon I challenged my 5 year old son to a game of tennis. After my victory I decided to celebrate by jumping over the net. My foot caught on the net I landed hard and broke the radial ball off of my right elbow and bloodied my nose. The worst pain was watching my 5 and 3 year laugh at me. The elbow is still worthless.

For ME...broke a bone in my wrist arm wrestling with a son-in-law. In HS, by brother broke his toe when he fell off MY BASKETBALL in the middle of the living room.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-11 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]jeez, the longer I live the more I get.. had alot of the same ones above 1. hit a parked car on my bike.. big scar on my sack..2. cut big toe off with lawnmower.. 3. cut the tip of my figer off on a drilling rig!..4. shot in the head with nail gun.. thanks bro..5. mangled my fingers putting a cable on my mathews bow..6. fell off horse, hit tree, broke ribs.. but the good news no back problems!. oh yea stupidest, pick a fight with a big s.o.b.. knocked my front teeth out.

jimmedup you need to change your handle to F#@%edup! Those are some hard miles!

None of mine were really that out of the ordinary...4 complete knee surgeries, 3 broken vertebra, broke both ankles 3 times, broken hand and numerous fingers. Mostly from motocross.
The year I broke my hand 3 days before the archery opener I killed an elk and a deer in the same day!

Traditional >>>------->

I have also done a few of the above. Got zapped by the same electric fence 2 years in a row in the same spot.
One time coming home from football practice in Junior High, I was riding my peddle bike with no hands thinking I was the best rider there ever was. I was looking behind me for what ever reason, when I smashed into the tail end of a parked car. I was cruising pretty good and the car was kind of small, so I did kind of a swan dive over the whole car landing on my back and skidding across the asphalt.
Broke my wrist playing flag football.
But my all time dumbest thing I ever did happened when I drew my 1st and only moose tag. After two weeks of hunting moose, i finally shot a small bull (35 in). It was hot out and the hornets swarmed the meat. We managed to work around the hornets, got it halved and game carted it to the truck. The next morning I was skinning out the moose when an annoying hornet started buzzing around my head. I swung at it a couple times, missing it completely. Finally I had a enough! With the knife in my right hand, I swatted as hard as i could at the pest. I missed again, but my arm followed through and I didn't think in time to move the knife. My wrist went straight down on the point of the knife. I let go of the knife with my right hand, only to have it sticking out of the bone in my wrist. Luckily it didn't hit any tendons or veins and I was able to get away with only a few stitches.... As luck would have it, my good buddy was there to witness the whole act of ingeniousness. I swore him to secrecy, but months later he told me "its too good to keep a secret." Oh well, we all do dumb things from the looks of things :)

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

I was a manager at a Burger King. I was opening the store, along with another manager, and an employee. The small office was right next to the kitchen. I had just gotten some tills out to take out front, and was getting ready to close the safe (HEAVY SAFE). I looked at the employee, as he just said something. I had my left hand on top of the safe with the exception of my index finger, which, apparently was hanging down into the door opening just enough. I looked up as I shut the door with my right hand, and closed the door ALL THE WAY. I almost passed out on that one. Most stitches I have ever had, like 14 in the tip of my finger. Still have the scar for that one.

>I was a manager at a
>Burger King. I was
>opening the store, along with
>another manager, and an employee.
> The small office was
>right next to the kitchen.
> I had just gotten
>some tills out to take
>out front, and was getting
>ready to close the safe
>(HEAVY SAFE). I looked
>at the employee, as he
>just said something. I
>had my left hand on
>top of the safe with
>the exception of my index
>finger, which, apparently was hanging
>down into the door opening
>just enough. I looked
>up as I shut the
>door with my right hand,
>and closed the door ALL
>THE WAY. I almost
>passed out on that one.
> Most stitches I have
>ever had, like 14 in
>the tip of my finger.
> Still have the scar
>for that one.

I got to say Mever... that one made me gringe...

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

I was 25, and decided to jump on a trampoline with a bunch of 10 year old kids. Well I used to be pretty good on a tramp, not so much anymore. They talked me in to trying to see how many consecutive backflips I could pull off. After a few I was so dizzy I bounced off the tramp and landed on the concrete, my heel landing on piece of gravel. It put an X fracture in my heel, that one still hurts today.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

There isn't enough space on Brian's server to put all the crap I have done but here are a couple. Similar to kawboy's trampoline, I was at a party where the young kids were doing flips on the trampoline. I decided after a few beers, I would go down there and show them how an adult could do it just as easy. 2nd flip, I landed on my head and neck couldn't really move at first. The homeowner (first responder and fire fighter) seen it and was there in seconds. He did the initial checkout and said I should go to the hospital but pride got the better of me, so for the next 7 years my neck hurt.

Dad and I were working in the garage and needed the oxy-propane torch. After we turned it on, we immediately smelled some fumes. Both of our noses are bad and didn't think it was that strong. Dad busts out the lighter and starts at the torch looking for the leak. As he is working his way down the hose towards the tank, I start thinking this probably isn't smart. I slowly start backing up, as he nears the tank I am back peddling rather quickly. Just as I reach the garage door, I could hear the wooooooooooo.....building and then Boooommmmmm!!
Yep, the leak was at the tank connection :) dad lost only the hairs on his arms and hands.

A friend and I were burning some bush piles. I tried to start it but it only burned for a minute then the wind blew it out. So my friend got the gas can, he proceeded to pour gas on the fire, I told him that was not a good idea since there were still embers on the other side of the pile only a few feet away. He replied its ok, I am staying on this side. Again, I proceeded to back up but quickly this time. I got about 70' away and could hear the wooooooooo building again and then, boooommmmm!!! They caught and he had flames from the ground up to his knees in a 30' circle around him. They quickly went away but then I noticed the nozzle on the gas can in his hand was burning. I yelled at him so he did the smart thing and threw it as far away as possible. Bad part was it landed in the woods. The reason we were burning piles was due to a tornado 6 weeks earlier. Now I am freaking out and run to the gas can to chuck it back into the yard. We then got some water and put out the small fire in the woods prior to it getting out of control.
My friend got no burns due to his jeans.

One more, when we were kids, the loggers used to leave the keys in the skidders and semi's so we would go out there and puts around with them. After we were done we would return them to where they were originally parked. One day, a friend was riding along with me when I was driving the semi tractor. As we were going around a corner he decides to open the door (to this day, I still don't know why), no seatbelt and the momentum throws him right out the door. Did I mention it was a left turn, I look out the back window to see him rolling on the ground right next to the rear wheels :-0 Luckily he escaped with zero injuries.

This is just a small sampling, I believe I am still alive for some specific purpose and after that, its all over....

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

1911 am I the only one wondering if that is Steve of MM AZ Strip nonhunter fame's brother or maybe a name change?

Bill

Been a long time ago, raised out on the farm had to walk down the road to catch the bus for school their was barb wire fence down both sides of course showing off i'm walking with my eyes closed all of a sudden I slip of the side get my throat hung on the second wire from the top the barb was sticking right in the adams apple, here comes my uncle and peels me off.One othe time had a little portagee gal that lived on the ranch Maria,she like making designs in the dirt with the old manure fork the ones with about ten or tewlve tines real close together, so the smart little fat arse I was with my knee high red rubber boots on and cover em up,she didnt take a liken to that and stuck the fork right in my boot got three of the five toes, away I go to get another tetus shot...RAS..

speaking of stupid injuries....

My buddy shot a buck up the hill one morning while we were together. I watched him shoot it and it dropped like a rock. He has a bad hip so I told him to stay put and I would retreive it for him. It was real steep so I decided to leave my rifle.

When I got up there the buck was hit in the spine. He couldn't use his back legs but appeared fine otherwise. Not wanting to go back for my rife I decided to slit his throat. I got my knife out and when I grabbed an antler he came unglued. He tried to gore me and almost did. As it was I got a big long welt along my ribs and a spraind wrist and a huge black and blue forearm. One good thump with a fir limb settled him down after that.

Eel

>speaking of stupid injuries....
>
>My buddy shot a buck up
>the hill one morning while
>we were together. I watched
>him shoot it and it
>dropped like a rock. He
>has a bad hip so
>I told him to stay
>put and I would retreive
>it for him. It was
>real steep so I decided
>to leave my rifle.
>
>When I got up there the
>buck was hit in the
>spine. He couldn't use his
>back legs but appeared fine
>otherwise. Not wanting to go
>back for my rife I
>decided to slit his throat.
>I got my knife out
>and when I grabbed an
>antler he came unglued. He
>tried to gore me and
>almost did. As it was
>I got a big long
>welt along my ribs and
>a spraind wrist and a
>huge black and blue forearm.
>One good thump with a
>fir limb settled him down
>after that.
>
>Eel

My dad was with a friend who shot a spike buck in the back like you said. SOMEHOW - he managed to kick my dad when he bent down to slit his throat. LOL. I got a good laugh out of that one.

Ok, so it wasn't me but my 11 year old son.

Everybody knows the dreaded parental question of "If your friends tell you to jump off a bridge... would you?"

Well exactly that happened and my son jumped when a friend told him to. Right off a 20-25 foot bridge onto impacted and solid sandbed. He broke his ankle and missed basketball along with hockey season and is still struggling to run as he gets ready for baseball season!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 06:18AM (MST)[p]Nice Eel! I can picture you clubbing that buck in my mind! Did you whack him a couple of extra times for good measure?? LOL

Wow - some of you guys might be candidates for the Darwin Awards! Mtnman - you definitely get my vote!

UTROY

Gonna tell another for kawboy...

He put a piece of ply wood on the curb so he could jump MY bike into the front yard. He gets a pretty good run coming don't a hill by our house and hit the wood. The wood broke planting the front tire in the curb. He flew over the handlebars head first for 10-12 feet and hit head first on a sprinkler head in our front yard knocking him out cold. He had a sweet cut/bruise just above his eye and a pretty good concussion to go with it.

Oh and he screwed up the front wheel on my bike!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

One more, when we were kids, the loggers used to leave the keys in the skidders and semi's so we would go out there and puts around with them. After we were done we would return them to where they were originally parked. One day, a friend was riding along with me when I was driving the semi tractor. As we were going around a corner he decides to open the door (to this day, I still don't know why), no seatbelt and the momentum throws him right out the door. Did I mention it was a left turn, I look out the back window to see him rolling on the ground right next to the rear wheels :-0 Luckily he escaped with zero injuries."

Im still laughing thats funny sh!t!

I was 11 years old and playing basketball in my driveway with the girl next door. The basketball got stuck behind the backboard. This backboard was nailed to our wood shake roof on our garage.
I climbed onto the roof and got the basketball leaned over the backboard and slammed the ball home like I was Wilt Chamberland.
The girl next door would throw the ball to me and I would slam it home. This worked great until she threw the ball short, I leaned over the backboard to get the ball and the backboard came loose. When I woke up I was on the driveway with two broken arms and a concussion. Years later I found out I had two compression fractures to two vertabrae from the fall.

BT

That sucks Roy. Sorry I feel your pain!! Hope it heals right!! Hurt my back a few years back and it has never been the same.
Don't worry about me it is ok to build cannons out of brass. Fingers won't look quite the same.
Built a black powder cannon out of a peice of old clay sewer pipe . A baseball fits pretty good but I will tell ya what you will be picking clay out of your arm for a year!! Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]When I was five years old I dropped a mason jar full of ants on the side walk. Being the responsible little kid I was I went in the house and grabbed a broom. Due to my add I was using the wrong end of the broom hitting the glass off the side walk, when I hit a curved piece that managed to fly up and stickme in the eye. Ended up with five stiches and a sweet azz scar. I was lucky that day I didnt go blind in my right eye

789447062_1622690408060_1260460976_1667383_2606480_n.jpg

At fourteen I bought my first blow gun. I took the plastic safty off the end, why I don't know. Must have something to do with my add. Decided to climb the tree in the back yard. Putting the end without the safty cap in my mouth so I could climb the tree. Well my knee hit the other end and jammed the metal tube into the roof of my mouth. My dad had to use force to get it out. I thought it was cool how all the blood ran out the blowgun. Their was a fair amount of blood all over needless to say.

Here is one more, at fifteen I used to ride my bike on dixie college campus to piss of the security guards and get them to chase me. Well if anyone has ben to dixie college you know about the big fountain in the middle of campus. By it are rolling hill with enough speed, I could catch like two feet of air which was way wicked. One day I noticed some sexy college chicks sitting on the benches by the fountain. Well my tires where bald the grass was wet. I wanted to show off so I went extrafast and I caught some major air. The end results where me slaming my skull onto the concrete and sliding into the fountain. In front of the college girls. I was so embarassed I didn't notice the blood gushing down my, from where I split my eyebrow open. I just thought it was was water from the fountain. I refused to get stiches cause I wanted a scar I thought I was pretty bad azz. To make things worse the girls laughed at me.

I just remebered one.

About 10 years old up at my parents cabin I was building a fort out of some old lumber we had stacked out back. I sat in a chair thinking about how I wanted to build this fort then I drove a nail into a board and set it aside to use later. I went work on my cool fort and then needed the board I put the nail in but I could not remember for the life of me where I set it. I did the common thing and sat back down in the chair to retrace my steps. I sat right on the nail in the board which was on the chair right where I left it! Drove that sucker all the way in and had the board hanging off my A$$! Dad came running at the scream and pulled th3 board off then off to the doctors for a tetanus in the other cheek! How stupid was that!?!

GBA

I was Bow fishing with the old school spool on the front of my bow and somehow got twisted around the reel.. so three feet later here comes the arrow and hits me square in the chin. I had no idea what had even happened. I got five stitches on the inside and seven on the outside. The doctor was scratching his head on how the hell you shoot yourself with a bow and arrow.

About 2 years ago i had recently got divorced and was out at the bar and met a couple of girls and went back to there apartment and had a couple ISH drinks and decided it would be a good idea to jump the six foot fence and go swimming. I jumped the fence to grass and broke my heel in 3 places. It is still not the same. I feel your pain KOWBOY.

My dad and his friend (they were about 10 at the time) were playing chicken with bows and shooting close to each others feet. They did this often but this this time was special because dad snuck out his dad's broadhead tipped arrows for the game (brilliant right?).

Well long story short when it was the other kids turn his feet slipped in the ice and let go of the string as he fell and the arrow struck my dad's forehead. Dad said he looked out in front of him and the arrow is kinda vibrating like on the movies and he almost passed out! He pulled the arrow out but he said he had to work it back and forth to get it loose from his skull.

He snuck the arrows back in when he got home and never told his parents about the incident.

I can't believe he used to tell me these stories when I was a kid! But he always ended with do as I say not as I do/did. LOL!

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-11 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]I had gotten hired as a laborer helping a local Contracror and his regular crew build a Forest Service approved culvert for a logging truck crossing of a little creek 20 miles out in the stix. We were all friends. One day, my job was to cut points into a bunch of 6' 2x4's and then using a sledge, to pound them in along where they were needed. Having a young "helper" we worked pretty good together. He'd grab and hold the stake and i'd pound it in by holding the sledge level to the ground and using short but steady little strokes, like that until noon.

After our break, my helper, Ivan, beat me to the sledge hammer and was holding it with a big grin when i walked up. Here's the stupid part, i decided to let him pound in a few stakes while i held them. The very first stake, he quickly wound that sledge all the way up, around, and down, showing me how hard he could do it i guess, it glanced off the top of that stake, and nailed me square in the cheek.

I remember hitting the ground on my belly with my hands to my face and hearing all the guys shouting. I picked out one guy who is screaming that we got to get him to the hospital, another guy was amazed about the sound it made on impact, and another still is advising Ivan that if i do get up, that he had better start running. I got up in a minute or so and wanted to go back to work once we got the bleeding to stop but the boss decided to call it a day, it was Fri, for the whole gang. I got a little scar outa the deal and had a fair headache going by the time we got back to town but got over it soon enough.

Joey

Would that have been in canada I removed a hook from a fella hooked just that way. He took many slugs of whiskey to help kill the pain. I couldn't eat hamburger for a week.
Driftersifter

My buddy lost an eye pulling a arrow out of a foam target,nock first right through his right eye.

>My buddy lost an eye pulling
>a arrow out of a
>foam target,nock first right through
>his right eye.

Coworker was pulling an arrow out of a target and jammed the nock about 3 inches deep in his leg. He missed the artery by about a half inch, missed his junk by about an inch. He bled pretty bad and got about 20 stitches.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have to giggle at some of this, but mostly just accidents and "chit happens" stuff.

To stay in line with the actual post, let me simply say, constructing and lighting the fuse on a pipe bomb is STUPID!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Just think if we had some of these on film. Some of these are classic.

I have several from splitting froze hamburger patties with a knife and putting the knife through my palm.

Roy that will teach you to make your own bed.

Why is it so funny to watch someone else hurt themselves?

I just had one last week. Was helping unload the trailer of merchandise for our RMEF banquet and someone asked for help with a long box. I bent to pick it up and lifted it about 2 inches and told them I had better not lift that box with my bad back and when I sat it back down, I tore my tendon from my bicep to my elbow....you got to be kidding... going today to see if i need surgery to reattach it...the muscle just kind of hangs there and twitches!

so i was giggling about this thread last week...well i shouldnt have on tuesday night i was playing city league bball and got fouled hard and my feet landed on the ball it flew out from underneath me... i headed for the ground...tried to brace myself with my left hand and it jamed my wrist into my elbow and broke my radius bone...so i have radial head fracture, and i go in for surgery on tuesday to get a couple pins...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom