Subaru

uphill

I personally don't own a Subaru but I've noticed a lot of them parked at trail-heads and boat ramps. The company is very proud of their Share the Love Program whereby buyers of new cars get to select a charity and Subaru will make a donation. The donations over the years have totaled over 60 million dollars.

The current charities that Subaru "lets" you choose from are:

Home Care Hospice
Meals on Wheels
National Park Foundation ("The official charitable partner" of the National Parks Service)
Make a Wish
ASPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals)

In all fairness to Subaru they did partner with the National Wildlife Federation back in 2008.

Of their current offerings, astute Subaru buyers should know that the Make a Wish Foundation has chosen not to grant "wishes" that involve hunting activities.

This comes from the ASPCA website;

Hunting

The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress.

Shop wisely my friends

No proceeds from the purchases of any of my used Subies benefitted the ASPCA, the NRA, or the KKK. Just good used cars for those w outdoor lifestyles and/or slick roads.

If you buy a new Subaru, instruct them to support some other cause from their "list," and don't blame the company for your choice of charities.

BTW, the Humane Society opposes hunting also. I'm not about to punish the pets they save because of that policy.

Duh. No issue here, nothing to see, move along.

Owning a Subaru leaves me more money to spend on hunting based conservation organizations as well as my own hunts.

Not gonna Knock a LEZBARU!

But I Ain't Payin double what an American Car Costs!

I can just see a few MM'ers like Homer,DW,NVB,Eel,BIGJOHN & Many others Hunting Big Game out of one!

I don't know if Homer would Rather Walk but I'd sure like to get a Pic of Him Driving one!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Ha ha. I have thought of one of those Lezbarus back when diesel was high. ??
M>Not gonna Knock a LEZBARU!
>
>But I Ain't Payin double what
>an American Car Costs!
>
>I can just see a few
>MM'ers like Homer,DW,NVB,Eel,BIGJOHN & Many
>others Hunting Big Game out
>of one!
>
>I don't know if Homer would
>Rather Walk but I'd sure
>like to get a Pic
>of Him Driving one!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Go
>Ahead!
>
>Make Me take it down!
>
>
9001hank2.jpg

>
>

Lots of products not to buy because of the company's stance on hunting. If you want to buy a Subaru, go ahead, and justify it any way you like. Me, no frikken way. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-15 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]>Not gonna Knock a LEZBARU!
>
>But I Ain't Payin double what
>an American Car Costs!
>
>I can just see a few
>MM'ers like Homer,DW,NVB,Eel,BIGJOHN & Many
>others Hunting Big Game out
>of one!
>
>I don't know if Homer would
>Rather Walk but I'd sure
>like to get a Pic
>of Him Driving one!:D

>
> Go
>Ahead!
>
>Make Me take it down!
>
>
9001hank2.jpg

>
>

Gawd damn thing better have a sunroof so homer can shoot uphill!!
Most of em I see have obama or hillary stickers on em. All I need to know to know I don't need one!

P.S. might wanna read up on HSUS and all the "great" things they do for pets. Just sayin.

No Subaru for me. Actually, no car for me. I haven't owned a car since about 1980. Me and ISIS drive Toyota P/Us :D

1. I am aware of HSUS' overarching antihunting stance and entirely oppose it. It bears repeating here, hopefully others will read the links above.

The large animal shelter in my community of CO Springs is Humane Society, they handle thousands of pets. The transient population of scum here abandons pets more than anywhere I've been. When I support HS, I give to that specific shelter. That is what I intended to write, and should have made clear in my 1st post on this thread. Listen to what I mean, not what I say!

2. As for the lesbian references to Subarus above, laughable but fine. Whatever imagined reason people find to not buy them just means MFM (more 4 me.) My current is an '02 Forester w 85K miles, I plan to drive it for another decade. It will continue to navigate 2 track 4wd roads in CO and get 28 mpg on the highways accessing those roads, w 2 dogs and a loaded hitch rack. It goes on many more trips than my lifted Pathfinder.

Nothing like sleeping with the enemy. Tightarses make strange bed fellows. Pun intended.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I don't.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Love my Subaru and just bought a second for my wife. I do not mix politics with how I spend my hard earned money.

Had to laugh last week, saw a subbie with a "Hillary for Prison 2015" sticker on it....had to be a first!!!! Good cars, run like a yota!!

I used to make fun of Subies for years. In our areas all the lefties drive them and have tons of bumper stickers on the back. Then I bought one for my wife. As things go, I'm using it now.

Its a great freaking car. Handles like a dream and great mileage. I catch a lot of hell from my buddies. Whatever!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-15 AT 07:17AM (MST)[p]We are on Number 4....this time we got a sun-roof so I can shoot from any direction when it stops on a dime in bad weather...

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-15
>AT 07:17?AM (MST)

>
>We are on Number 4....this time
>we got a sun-roof so
>I can shoot from any
>direction when it stops on
>a dime in bad weather... No rig stops on a dime in bad weather. Go, yeah. Stop, no. I'll keep my American 4x4 pickup . mtmuley
>

I have not owned an American vehicle since 2002 and probably never will. I drive Toyota trucks so I have them and the dealership does not have them working on them. Toyota trucks are more made in America than Dodge or Chevy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom